Forum Issues Thread - Please read!

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Ooh.. wheee ... all new forum..

For those who can't login.. Try the link at the bottom of page that says, "Delete all board cookies" .. it seems to help.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:02 pm

At the bottom of the site it shows that r100 is the latest beta and rstable is the latest stable release... also links to existing threads no longer work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:04 pm

The Profiles are listing every version of a game ever uploaded, with only the first having an icon.
It seems to highlight some of the counter difficulties you have to deal with, in that each update has it's own count. The game card "Share" graphics appear to only use the count of the original upload.

Ah, I like the Ninja protection. :lol: It warned me BluePhaze had posted and asked if I wanted to revise.
Last edited by Paradox on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:07 pm

Also, I don't know if it's possible, but two things I liked about the old forum were:

- being able to click on the 'x new posts' to go immediately to the newest post (Edit: nm, there is a link, it's just so small I didn't notice it)

- having the posts in the new posts section be sorted by forum (the way it's set up now I have to check each thread for if it's in the right forum area, rather than knowing that all threads in a section are in that current forum area)

Being able to set all threads to 'read' status would be helpful as well. (Edit: oh, you can, but the link is only on the board index. It seems like it should also be on the pages showing the unread topics and new posts)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:09 pm

<title>yourdomain.com &bull; Index page</title>
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:13 pm

It now seems to toggle between showing "Waiting for scirra.com" and "yourdomain.com" as the page title depending on what view of the forums you are using...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:14 pm

Reputation is not being incremented for forums posts and other actions either...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Old link don't work. For example, i really want to be able to look at this link: http://www.scirra.com/forum/solved-cocoonjs-game-crashes-on-device-sleep_topic84035.html but I can't open it
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Were stickies / pined topics lost?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:45 pm

Sorry for my bad english...

I visited the link "Store", and a message was shown that my email was not confirmed (or something like that). I clicked on the yellow message, and the following message showed up:

Code: Select all
Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   v2.Membership.Functions.GetGravatarHash(String Email) +7
   ASP.editprofile_aspx.__Render__control4(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +676
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
   ASP.editprofile_aspx.__RenderRegisterForm(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +291
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268
   System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
   ASP.masterpages_fresh_master.__RenderForm1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +361
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +216
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53
   System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +128
   System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +10
   System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +128
   System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1386

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18067

Before I posted this message, I had to log in.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Website Issues and Feedback