Forum Issues Thread - Please read!

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:38 pm

@Tom - I'm not staying logged in on the arcade either. I click login and it takes me back to the main page as well. This means I can't delete anyone's arcade games currently.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:02 am

Same problem here re: arcade.

Also tried to submit a tutorial but submit wouldn't work. Tried in FF and I.E.

*Edit*

Just tried to submit tutorial again and got below, although tutorial appears to have been submitted !?

Code: Select all
Server Error in '/' Application.
Sequence contains no elements
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements]
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.Execute(Expression query, QueryInfo queryInfo, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] parentArgs, Object[] userArgs, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries, Object lastResult) +1191
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.ExecuteAll(Expression query, QueryInfo[] queryInfos, IObjectReaderFactory factory, Object[] userArguments, ICompiledSubQuery[] subQueries) +118
   System.Data.Linq.SqlClient.SqlProvider.System.Data.Linq.Provider.IProvider.Execute(Expression query) +342
   System.Data.Linq.Table`1.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute(Expression expression) +58
   System.Linq.Queryable.Single(IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) +287
   v2.ArticleTagSubscription.LoadByRec(tblArticleTagSubscription rec) +425
   v2.ArticleTagSubscriptionFunctions.GetSubscribers(Int32 tagID, Int32 sectionID) +513
   TutorialSubmit.SubmitTutorial(Object sender, EventArgs e) +10814
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +116
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +101
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +9528682
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

*Edit 2*
Submitted tutorial does work, so maybe just a temporary hiccup :)
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi Tom, I entered my forum name rather quickly and reversed a couple of letters, my name should be 'fairwinds' but cannot make this change in my profile. Can you help. Many thanks.
B
S

Post » Fri May 09, 2014 11:51 am

Site is ridiculously slow at the moment. Taking forever just to show a thread or post.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 10, 2014 3:38 pm

@Tom - spam filter suggestion. If someone posts a topic title that includes the words 'fitted' and 'kitchen' then you could prevent the thread from being started. That would kill off 95% + of the spam I have seen in the forums.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 23, 2014 11:29 pm

If someone with insufficient rep tries to post a URL and someone else quotes that person, then the URL doesn't get removed from the quote.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Colludium wrote:@Tom - spam filter suggestion. If someone posts a topic title that includes the words 'fitted' and 'kitchen' then you could prevent the thread from being started. That would kill off 95% + of the spam I have seen in the forums.

hahah. I have never seen a kitchen topic here :)
I will not let you reach the sisters
Nature Forums
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:47 pm

On the main page, my name is below where it should be
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:59 pm

I know you said it's fixed but i still have problem with login at Arcade page.

When i click to the link: http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting- ... weapontest while i am logged in, it needs age verification and ask me to login (on this screen i look like a guest somehow). When i click "login", the link takes me to main Scirra.com page where i look like logged in again!

So i guess there are 3 different page structure on the website. Main structure, Forum structure and Arcade structure and those are independent from each other. Even page design and favicon of Arcade section is shouting that it's independent.

So if it's possible fix that too please @Tom :) (I was being nice, of course it's possible :P)
Thanks, good luck.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 pm

The forum doesn't allow attachments with the c2addon extension. :)
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Website Issues and Feedback