Forum Issues Thread - Please read!

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:13 am

I know I probably should not ask this but.. Why are attachments completely out of scirra's ecosystem for such a long time? It was useful to have content linked with the forum as we all know content hosted elsewhere can end up being deleted or moved and result in a 404 error years or months later.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:48 am

@Aphrodite For sure, it is more expensive having to host attachment from all the users. The bad news is that dropbox is dropping support for html rendering starting next month :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:05 pm

@Cipriux makes sense, still a bummer but I can understand, they also have the arcade going on.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Aphrodite wrote:I know I probably should not ask this but… Why are attachments completely out of scirra's ecosystem for such a long time? It was useful to have content linked with the forum as we all know content hosted elsewhere can end up being deleted or moved and result in a 404 error years or months later.

100% agree. How many times I've used the search options to find dozens of threads which have dead dropbox links… Very irritating. This functionality was one of the most (of not the most) useful on these forums.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:00 pm

hi @Tom, i have been trying to make a few tutorials and translate some in the past 2 months... i made a post about this issue... and some members of community said you where away... but that was 2 months ago... my problem with tutorial area is that whenever i press "write a new tutorial" or "edit a tutorial" or even "translate" one tutorial... the page goes back to the main page of "Tutorial section"... is this a website issue or is again a account related bug? i had a issue long time ago... with my other old account was unable to load the forum on some parts giving me some error codes on drive missing anyway by making a new account fixed the issue ... i just hope i dont have to create a new account... cause im a seller on this one plus the reputation points is just to hard to get back! Hopefully this can be fixed and that you have time for it!

il be gladly sending screen videos of the problem if you need. im currently using chrome... but i dont think that is an issue!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:47 pm

nice job
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:17 am

Aphrodite wrote:I know I probably should not ask this but… Why are attachments completely out of scirra's ecosystem for such a long time? It was useful to have content linked with the forum as we all know content hosted elsewhere can end up being deleted or moved and result in a 404 error years or months later.

I also vouch on the attachments' side. I usually run into dead links and those are very frustrating. Especially for plugins/effects. Even if we won't have the option to attach files to our posts, I'd like to know the reason behind the decision.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

My music portfolio thread just vanished! I was editing the original post, clicked save and was greeted with a 'The requested topic does not exist message'. It seems to be completely gone; I can't find it through search and it doesn't show up in my topics under my account either. The topic was here: viewtopic.php?f=160&t=152939

Any chance a mod could restore it for me? Thanks for reading.
I'm a versatile, indie-friendly composer for hire. I've worked on 30 games including Starlight Vega, ToD and the Thorne series.

Visit my site for epic orchestration, blissed out chiptunes, post apocalyptic ambience, futuristic elevator muzak and more!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 am

anyone else having to keep logging in, even if they checkbox to stay logged in?
it's starting to get annoying.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Website Issues and Feedback