Foxy Jump, A new take on the endless runner genre.

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Message: Derqs can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Hey there, I just recently released my first ever android game, using Construct and CocoonJS.
It's not your average Flappy bird clone. It features 3 foxes you have to control simultaneously, and incoming treetrunks you have to avoid!

You can check it out here: http://goo.gl/xkQCJB
Or search in the playstore for either Foxy Jump or Derqs.
A rating would be very much appreciated.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Hey man, link doesn't work (access denied)

edit: All good now :D

looks great, what's your layout size?
Be nice until it's time to not be nice
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks!
600x360 px, based on the 5:3 ratio.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:10 pm

It's extremely difficult (butterfingers :) ) but I like the twist on Flappy Bird idea. I don't get it why we keep getting so many clones. This is something fresh. I love the artwork, it's super cute. I don't love my clumsiness.
My first game, Swingy Angie, available now on
Google Play and Opera Store

Let us honor the desire to work, for it is a movable holiday occuring up to three times a year.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:35 am

Interesting
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Almost got 50 downloads. My goal is 200 so it's going great so far.
Got a lot of feedback so far which is great! I think I really should consider letting the foxes move faster.
How would anyone feel about "coins" for more points and such, or different obstacles instead of only logs?
If you have suggestion please write them down. Because I'll consider every one of them.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:42 am

I would suggest an iterative approach in adding features later on. Certaintly, asking for feedback is awesome! Don't rush it though. Play around with the mechanics, like speeding up the foxes. Let others play it with the changes without releasing it. Get their feedback and, more importantly, watch what them when they play it. Then add in other things, like coins, to add additional layers of game play to the game. Just my two cents. It looks like you have a fun game. Don't rush into it.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:35 am

nice design, i like it ! 4 stars for you :)
B

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:53 pm

@derqs Nice game. Controls are a little difficult though. I couldn't get more than 2 points. lol

I did have one question though... How did you remove permissions while using CocoonJS?? Is there new exporting options that don't require them anymore?

Thanks! And congrats on the release! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:09 pm

I decompiled the unsigned apk, removed the permissions I wanted in the XML file, recompiled the apk and signed it.
This is a quote from ludei about doing this in an other topic:
Until then, we think your only option is to try your luck with the apk tool other users have suggested.
B
S

Return to Completed Creations