FPS dropping at each new layout... but why?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Now you can drop everything in your game with sound :)
  • So here's my problem:

I play on the first layout (level #1) in my game and my average FPS is about 300

Then I go to the second layout (level #2) in my game and now my average FPS is about 260

Then I go to the third layout (level #3) in my game and now my average FPS is about 220

Then I go to the fourth layout (level #4) in my game and now my average FPS is about 170

And so on, to the point that my game is unplayable.

When I restart a level, then FPS do not change. It's dropping only in the next layout, after completing previous layout. Levels have that same sizes and similar amount of objects. So why each new level make my game slower and slower?

I checked almost everything and still do not know why this is happening. I'm starting to freak out :<

Any advices?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Stop making new layouts?

• It's not about the amount of the layouts (i have only 12 of them). Im talking about playing trough the layouts (levels) in the game.

When I complete as a player a layout (level) in a game, then each next layout (level) make my game slower and slower, to the point that my game is unplayable - due to the low FPS.

• Check if you have any global layers that also have global objects on them. If you have global objects on global layers, they'll get multiplied and you'll end up with extra objects, and maybe that is causing things to slow down.

• I don't think Classic had global layers.

A bunch of global objects could be an issue however.

• oops.. didn't see it was classic. I usually just browse new post section, which lumps all the posts together. disregard my message above.

• Yet still I have only few global objects, like mouse & keyboard plugin, Audiere etc.

Any more ideas guys? Because I really don't know what the hell is going on with that FPS drop :<

• We can't tell without a cap.

Still the best advice would be to use C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)