FPS Issue on Firefox using Physics

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:24 am

Hi scirra community;
I was not sure if this is a bug, so I decided to post it on here before proceeding, during some of my stress testing I found performance issue when using the Physics Behavior in Firefox 34.0.5 which does not impact Chrome [I did not test other browsers]. I tested this by creating a new project with a TileBackground and running it for a few minutes, then a few minutes later add the Physics behavior, run it and wait a until I saw the FPS start to drop. I did this by running it with the debug layout and monitoring the FPS dropping, this usually happen in about 5 minutes or so. please see picture below for illustration, is this an issue with firefox?

humbly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:48 am

Hi,i just purchase C2 yesterday and i have the same problem,its running at 60fps for a while then the fps drop to 8-15 and doesnt come back,firefox memory usage also goes all over the place jumping roughly 40mb memory usage.
I also tried an empty project (to be sure if it was not my fault) and i had the same fps drop,no graphic no events. :?:
It happen between 1 to 5min after opening it on firefox 34.0.5
No issue under IE11.

(it seems to work fine on my side now, all i had to do is put the preview back on Localhost and did a 10min test without major fps drop)
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:03 pm

@iSebz just to double check, so your not seeing any issues with Firefox anymore using physics?
Last edited by goofyerr on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:35 pm

Ok , i just tested it with the ragdol example for 10 min and it ran smooth at 60fps.

edit:with preview on localhost
Last edited by iSebz on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:43 pm

I just tryed the ragdol example again but with wifi preview on my ip (instead of localhost) , after 36 seconds its went down to roughly 8-15 fps and my whole browser (firefox) was lagging.

No problem under InternetExplorer , 60fps the whole time.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:45 pm

on mine it happens during localhost, but will double check this when I get a chance, thnx @iSebz
B
S

Return to How do I....?