Frankly, Whats the point of c3?

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:45 pm

@Tom

I have a hypothetical:

What is to keep someone from setting up a little side business with a licensed copy of C3 so people with the free version can send them their capx and get it exported to whatever platform they want?

Is there anything written in the license that prevents someone from doing that or any programming that prevents importing other people's capx?

Not that I would do something like that but I am sure other people will think of doing it.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:57 pm

lamar wrote:Is there anything written in the license that prevents someone from doing that or any programming that prevents importing other people's capx?

For C2 the license forbids renting it out. For C3 the license is unknown yet but will surely contain a similar clause.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:58 pm

Yes, I believe we already have T&C covering that and will be part of the C3 T&C.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Tom wrote:Yes, I believe we already have T&C covering that and will be part of the C3 T&C.

Ok but once a project is exported to a platform how is anyone going to trace it back to who exported it and how can Scirra go after people in other countries if they just ignore the license?

Do you have some built in code to lock a specific users engine in C3?

I don't think people doing that are going to openly advertise who they are.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:13 pm

I'm afraid for security reasons can't really go into that sort of information, hope you understand ;)
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Tom wrote:I'm afraid for security reasons can't really go into that sort of information, hope you understand ;)

Well, the way you handle security will be a determining factor for some people in deciding if they want to buy C3.

Sounds like you have some built in code to tell what a person is exporting which raises privacy concerns over our projects.

Like your C3 progam many game designers don't want people looking through their capx which may contain copyrighted and proprietary information.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Read our privacy policy when it's published as it will cover your concerns.

Like your C3 progam many game designers don't want people looking through their capx which may contain copyrighted and proprietary information.

We don't look through your Capx files, as mentioned in a previous thread we don't have access to your Capx files.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:33 pm

lamar wrote:I just said a lot of stuff.

Can't tell if you're being sneaky or overly paranoid.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Bleenx wrote:
lamar wrote:I just said a lot of stuff.

Can't tell if you're being sneaky or overly paranoid.

Just getting to the stuff not being discussed that should be before considering purchasing the new C3 engine.

Lots of discussions on features and very little on security and built in codes that could end a game designers ability to use the engine which is very important to game developers that make a living from that business.

Also DO NOT put my name next to things I did not say in the future!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:40 pm

lamar wrote:Lots of discussions on features and very little on security and built in codes that could end a game designers ability to use the engine which is very important to game developers that make a living from that business.

Security is a nebulous concept. What aspect of the Construct 3 engine's security are you specifically concerned about? And what security aspects do you think would end a gamedevs ability to use Construct 3?
Banned User
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion