Frankly, Whats the point of c3?

Post » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:19 pm

GM:S has console export by default
CT:F has console export through Chowdren

Unity and Unreal Engine 4 are the next level up from an entry-level user admittedly, but they are the alternatives I am more talking about than the other two above (which also do have more commercial titles coming out with them every year than C2 does).

My main argument here however is that Construct 2 and Construct 3 users looking to make serious, commercial, action games, are (probably) in the wrong place, and that's okay because Scirra still has its awesome way of making games for fun / web browsers
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 pm

Jayjay wrote:
My main argument here however is that Construct 2 and Construct 3 users looking to make serious, commercial, action games, are (probably) in the wrong place, and that's okay because Scirra still has its awesome way of making games for fun / web browsers

I think we are in the right place is we want to make serious, commercial HTML5 games. :D
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 pm

I can't get Super Ubie Island on consoles and i really wish i could.
This is a major issue when trying to develop bigger games.

This issues has me seriously looking into Game Maker Studio 2. But I really do enjoy the event system in Construct. Big reason why I am so on the fence. But I can't keep developing projects without a way to deploy to consoles
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:09 am

NotionGames wrote:I can't get Super Ubie Island on consoles and i really wish i could.

This issues has me seriously looking into Game Maker Studio 2. But I really do enjoy the event system in Construct. Big reason why I am so on the fence. But I can't keep developing projects without a way to deploy to consoles

This thread has really got me thinking about the strength of Construct 2/3. Most of my work is expressly for the web -- I mostly do interactive simulations for my students, and have no need to port to any other platforms. I might well be in the minority here, but Construct 2/3 is the perfect tool for me: I can build quickly, deploy instantly, directly to my target platform.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 am

NotionGames wrote:I can't get Super Ubie Island on consoles and i really wish i could.

If you can hold off for 8 or 9 months, Fusion 3 is suppose to have an event system similar to C2. Not sure how complex your game is, but here some games made with Fusion:

Distraint 2:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =859651900

Five Nights at Freddy's (I heard there is a movie in the works):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319510/

Odallus - The Dark Call:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319480

Silence of the Sleep:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/321870/
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:34 am

Moot wrote:I think we are in the right place is we want to make serious, commercial HTML5 games. :D

Great point, although I see HTML5 in its current state as a limiter word, eg: "Wow that's AWESOME!.... for a Flash game!" era stuff just now with HTML5.

And actually, other engines now offering ASM.js at export (C3 is editor-only so far, but export is different eg: the Unreal Engine 3 demo in HTML5 was amazing back when it was a Firefox experiment), means that even that reason to stay around Construct will fade away if C3 doesn't catch up.

Easiest way I've seen yet to do ASM.js though? Export C/C++ first then convert to JS :o
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:32 am

The only reason we don't already support Xbox One is we've been a bit tied up with the C3 launch. We'll have something out on that soon.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Lancifer wrote:@blurymind
Apart from one-time purchases and native-exporting to mobile, what does the "competition" have that's better at game development than C2?
I'm just curious.

Native exporters :D smaller game file size (important on mobile), arguably better optimized games..
bigger number of successful games on steam made by the competition
Last edited by blurymind on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Shouldn't you be over at Fusion keeping up with thread you made about Reasons to buy Fusion 3 instead of Construct 3 ? Or, you could help with bug testing here ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Bleenx wrote:Shouldn't you be over at Fusion keeping up with thread you made about Reasons to buy Fusion 3 instead of Construct 3 ? Or, you could help with bug testing here ;)

Bug testing sounds better :D

That thread served it's purpose - it got people to talk about why they are on the fusion forum. You are invited to come by and comment on it of course
Last edited by blurymind on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion