Free and Commercial Sprite Packs

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I will continue to create free sprites ,just not on such a regular basis.I have also rejoined my team for that 3d horror game project.So if i have some time i will create more spritepacks and sprites.

But selling sprites or spritepacks does not seem to work at all lol.Maybe my stuff sux so bad that people won't even pay 0.50 cents for it lol.Everyone's always welcome to visit my site,There will always be some new sprite or spritepack at the freebie section.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:01 am

It is nice....
B

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:13 am

DravenX, have you spoken with Scirra about creating spritepacks to sell on the Scirra store? Seems to me that they need content, and you are obviously a passionate creator with great skills! You should send them an E-mail with your proposal and a link to one of your most coveted spritepacks. Can't hurt to ask. I think you could find much greater success on the Scirra store, and you deserve it.teahousemoon2012-10-18 08:13:49
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:13 am

@teahousemoon thank you for those kind words,I will try to ask them and see if they can help me.I am still creating spritepacks,but i want to finish my monkey game first.Once that's done i will release my spritepacks which i have created over the past six months (thats 55 spritepacks which consists off 5000 sprites) including animated as well as static ones.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Wow, that's an average of over 28 sprites per day! I look forward to playing your game and I wish you the best of luck in getting hosted on the Scirra Store!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Thank you teahousemoon.I don't think the devs at scirra are to keen to sell any spritepacks.Otherwise there would have been some up on the store already.My other works are selling though (business logo's etc).And sprites are so easy to make these days that the demand for it is just too small.

Look at daz3d for instance,With that app i don't even need to know how to draw ,yet i can do sprites with it which are yust as good as the pro artists hand drawn sprites.With the toon shader there's no need to use photoshop or to do anything from scratch.I just turn a few dials ,make a few tweaks to the shader's and voila i have a fully animated cartoon sprite in under 5 minutes.

Ah but all the chars will look the same then?.Oh no,with the morph dials i can do any character i want.Trolls ,werewolfs ,imps ,goblins anything you can draw you can do with daz ,that's if you know how to use the app properly off course.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks for the great work, DravenX. Keep it!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:39 pm

It's Industrial Friday at Dravenxgames.Made a new industrial tileset pack for free no royalties,you can use them anyway you want for whatever purpose.Go to DravenXGamesto get your free copy now.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 pm

An example from my next Major spritepack collection.Here is an example off the fire bullet sprite ,made with an app called sumo which is one off the apps i downloaded for my trusty wacom drawing tablet.

Click to shoot bullets.Made with construct 2.Works best with google chrome.

Play Fire bullet Example
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:30 pm

New freebie platformer spritepack available at my website.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and Resources