Free Assets

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:34 pm

I'm new and was looking for an explaination as to why I can't find the png files suggested in the beginner's tutorials but found that I need to buy an upgrade to get those files. In another thread a user asked about this and was told about some "Beginner's Guide with free assets" but I can't find that anywhere. Any advice on how to find this or another way to get started with the free version would be greatly appreciated.
B

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Ehm....some free assets are with the Software. Just open up some of the examples.
For other stuff look at the "Tools and Resources" Forum:
tools-and-resources_f157
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:47 pm

There are many resources that you can try to gain familiarity with the software.

Firstly are the numerous examples and templates that come built-in.

Then try the Tutorials section. If you follow the following Platformer Tutorial you should gain an understanding of many aspects of the software.

Finally, try and build something - easy at first - of your own design. If you get stuck, just ask for help. There are many users willing to try and help if they are able.

The 'How Do I' section is the best place to post if you get stuck at any time.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks xxstyxx and zenox 98 - especially for that forum link! Got exactly wha i needed.
B

Post » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:09 am

No problem man. ^^
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:33 am

also at the bottom of this page is a link to Game Assets.
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions