Free edition contains adware ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi I was trying out the construct 2 tutorials. I ran my first game using the free edition. Internet explorer opened the game but along with this I saw adware popping up.

Please let me know if the free edition is safe and why did adware appear on my browser. Before this I never had any adware (only appeared) when I installed the free edition and ran my first tutorial.

• Free edition is safe.

Adware came from somewhere else.

Internet Explorer is a nest of spyware and others.

• Maybe you have infect your browser from other Websites or Software, but not from Construct2, if you have use a officiall download server (from this website or steam) - Go to the Malwarebytes Website and download the tool, let it search for Malware.

• Don't use IE. Switch to a reliable browser like Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

And as Edelplastic suggested, do a scan. You can download Malwarebytes for free from here: https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_current/

• Hi I was trying out the construct 2 tutorials. I ran my first game using the free edition. Internet explorer opened the game but along with this I saw adware popping up.

Please let me know if the free edition is safe and why did adware appear on my browser. Before this I never had any adware (only appeared) when I installed the free edition and ran my first tutorial.

Your PC is clearly infected with a virus(adware or malware. Yeah, you can clean with malwarebytes but there is always some leftovers, I suggest a factory reset or clean install. If you have time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi I installed Malware bytes and it cleared the adware. I searched why and realized that the adware came from free download manager and NOT construct2

Construct 2 is pretty safe and awesome tool.

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)