Free edition contains adware ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:24 am

Hi I was trying out the construct 2 tutorials. I ran my first game using the free edition. Internet explorer opened the game but along with this I saw adware popping up.

Please let me know if the free edition is safe and why did adware appear on my browser. Before this I never had any adware (only appeared) when I installed the free edition and ran my first tutorial.
B

Post » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 am

Free edition is safe.
Adware came from somewhere else.
Internet Explorer is a nest of spyware and others.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 am

Maybe you have infect your browser from other Websites or Software, but not from Construct2, if you have use a officiall download server (from this website or steam) - Go to the Malwarebytes Website and download the tool, let it search for Malware.
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:06 am

Don't use IE. Switch to a reliable browser like Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

And as @Edelplastic suggested, do a scan. You can download Malwarebytes for free from here: https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_current/
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:04 pm

nimish0901 wrote:Hi I was trying out the construct 2 tutorials. I ran my first game using the free edition. Internet explorer opened the game but along with this I saw adware popping up.

Please let me know if the free edition is safe and why did adware appear on my browser. Before this I never had any adware (only appeared) when I installed the free edition and ran my first tutorial.

Your PC is clearly infected with a virus(adware or malware. Yeah, you can clean with malwarebytes but there is always some leftovers, I suggest a factory reset or clean install. If you have time.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi I installed Malware bytes and it cleared the adware. I searched why and realized that the adware came from free download manager and NOT construct2

Construct 2 is pretty safe and awesome tool.

Thanks
B

Return to Construct 2 General