Free Edition Revenue

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:44 pm

Kyatric wrote:@KazaaMafia: In the topic you specify, Ashley just tells that the user asking is allowed to monetize the videos he's making since he has a license.
Nowhere he clearly specifies "you can make money out of the free version as long as it is money you'll be saving for the license".

On the opposite, when that specific question ("Can I monetize in order to buy a license ?") already had been asked, Scirra brothers have always been clear about it, the free version is not meant to make money out of it.
At all.

Hence :
Not allowed to be used for commercial purposes

In which, if you go back to my last post.. I said that I worded that thread incorrectly.. and made edits to my mistake... but yeah.. the answer has pretty much been made for OP..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:51 pm

@KazaaMafia: Once again, sorry but your edit is still letting out a wrong idea.

By the terms of the free version you are not allowed to monetize. So if you monetize a video you made using the free version, you're breaching the free version terms/you need a license to do so.
So saying "you can monetize making tutorial videos on youtube, whether it's free or license, because you're not selling the software itself.." is just a false statement and a misunderstanding of the licenses terms. Still a wrong wording.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:55 pm

Oh alright.. Never made a Youtube video with the Free Version of C2, so I don't guess I wouldn't really fully know.. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Distribution and Publishing