Free Game Art Project

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:25 am

ImageImageImage

I've been silent around here about this for a while until I built the portfolio a little bit, but I've started a free to a dollar assets project that will comprise of me... Well, doing exactly what it sounds.

http://kiiragames.weebly.com/pixel-art---animations.html

Here you can find free pixel art that can be used for your games. All under CC-BY 3.0, so you're free to use and modify.

ImageImageImage
Also, if you're ever in need of textures, you can always look here: http://kiiragames.weebly.com/textures.html
as well. I have some more things on there, but those are the most notable right now. I plan on expanding the other pages with more assets to use, but it takes a while to make some of the others (Currently working on a platformer example by using my game's alpha).

Enjoy! And don't forget to let me know if you use any of it. ;)

P.S. Will make an Indie GoGo campaign to hopefully raise money for my Free To A Dollar Assets project. I want to be able to keep my prices cheap so that indie designers can get what they need to start designing.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks! I've seen mixed results for artists using IndieGogo but have seen a lot of success on Patreon.
Maybe you can consider releasing content every month and narrow it down more and more with donations to every 2 weeks, 1 week, and progress. Just an idea. Good work!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 am

jbr190 wrote:Thanks! I've seen mixed results for artists using IndieGogo but have seen a lot of success on Patreon.
Maybe you can consider releasing content every month and narrow it down more and more with donations to every 2 weeks, 1 week, and progress. Just an idea. Good work!

Might just try that. :) Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely release content regularly. Can't really set any sort of pattern with all I have going on, but it's a couple things within a month. I have quite a few textures to upload that I have yet to do so with.

If donations alone actually work out well, l'll just do that. I just want to be able to keep my stuff cheap, or even free still. Personally, I don't like having to buy content for my games (Not that I really need to anymore) So, I want to treat everyone else the same I would for myself.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:35 pm

These are some fantastic free resources! Keep up your generosity and fantastic work! :D
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:27 am

GideonG wrote:These are some fantastic free resources! Keep up your generosity and fantastic work! :D

Thanks! :) I'll do my best to keep making more!
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:28 pm

nice assets my friend keep up your great work :)
B
S

Return to Tools and Resources