Free Game CAPX available Soon

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi.

I eventually gave up on my game running on HTML5.

I wont refer to it as a big game because lets face it. Its not. I honestly don't know if its NodeWebkit, WebGL, or what. But running at 42FPS the game has noticeable lag on Intel GPU's.

Currently busy porting my game to UE4.

Thank you all for all of the assistance during my dev cycle.

Over the next few days i will make the capx available to the community. Perhaps there is something in there that could help people.

Just do not use all my animations and sprites for commercial purposes.

The Capx includes the following gameplay.

• Normal platform behaviour (run, jump, rolling, fallthrough)
    • Secret areas that are hidden until entered
    • Menu system using uncomplicated elements. Simple sprites are used with move positions.
    • Patrolling enemy that detects player, warns a sniper and the sniper shoots you
    • Hiding from sniper behind a tree
    • Stealth element (hiding from patrolling enemy so it passes you undetected)
    • Enemies shooting you on sight
    • Attack Combos with smooth animation transitions These include Stab attack, if not pressed again you go to idle Stab + Stab = Stab and then kick which goes to idle if u dont attack again Stab + Stab + Stab = Stab then kick then hit the enemy into the ground for a power move
    • It also includes summoning powers. Including the elephant that stomps enemies on the screen. an Eagle that stuns enemies so you can kill them a leopard that kills the first enemy and when the other enemies see the leopard they run away
    • A health system where collecting fruit restores health
    • a firefly collect system. If you collect enough you can use the powers.
    • Player fall to death from a certain height
    • Sliding down walls so u cannot die from a height
    • drowning in water

those are just a few of the things in the capx.

Im still on the fence if i want to share all the animations. But i dont see harm in it.

• Note its all organized well so finding stuff is easy depending which parts u want to look at

• Looks legit and there are aspects in yours that I was/am going to tie into my game that I have not yet. Thanks for sharing (you know, when you do share it that is).

• Was really looking forward to this (especially as Ldk contacted me, asking for help/insights with the Mac/Linux versions).

Oh well. I'm sure the game will be nice, even without being Construct 2 based.

• Version was here

Not sure if this version still utilizes the webgl fx or not.

deleted all audio files.

Download while u can.

• Downloading it now. Thank you very much!

• why are you giving away your cool game? I read in the other topic that you had problems with the export. But now that you are offering it in public, basically everyone can steal it. Dont you just want to try to find a solution for your performance problems? I had a look at your game. the only issue is that the pictures are to high detail for a mobile phone and that you have excessive animations with different sprites, instead of using spriter animations. This game can easily be fixed.

• Allchix Can't use Spriter for mobiles, the wrappers don't support it.

• huh... works for me fine in CocoonJS. the problem was previously CJS didn't have XML support. However Sprite moved to JSON a while ago. Providing the wrapper has JSON it's good to go.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • huh... works for me fine in CocoonJS. the problem was previously CJS didn't have XML support. However Sprite moved to JSON a while ago. Providing the wrapper has JSON it's good to go.

Nice! I tried it awhile ago, haven't checked in recent times.

Got a brief overview of how to get Spriter to work with CJS?

Also, Ldk good luck with moving your game to UE4, let us know how its like on that game engine!

• Any reason you use oversized sprites, Ldk? The Rhino is 559 × 289, even though in game it's only like 21 x 16 or something like that.

• Spriter won't improve performances, as it just creates as many animated sprites you dropped in your SCML file. From my experience, it's quite CPU and GPU intensive on mobiles.

Ldk: the 2d plugin for UE4 is still experimental. Unity, on the other hand, has a really solid 2d workflow already. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your work, going forward! There are still ways to optimize your game on C2 though I guess. Both on the CPU and on the GPU side. For example, your Background layer isn't set to transparent, so you have your full screen filled with an invisible layer of white on every frame. Your game seems also very heavy on the memory side: it's quite long to load here, even with a beefy configuration.

• why are you giving away your cool game? I read in the other topic that you had problems with the export. But now that you are offering it in public, basically everyone can steal it. Dont you just want to try to find a solution for your performance problems? I had a look at your game. the only issue is that the pictures are to high detail for a mobile phone and that you have excessive animations with different sprites, instead of using spriter animations. This game can easily be fixed.

Well i posted it because i was hoping people could learn something from it. If someone steals it and just copies it to make a profit. Then they managed to do something i couldn't which is make it run smooth

I did try to find a solution but the basic jest of things were that games using more than a 100mb or memory will not work were the some of the responses i received. As such i did not see a point in then trying to optimize

The sprites included in the version i shared are not optimized. I have more than 40 different revisions. My latest had all the resized sprites with not a single one exceeding 512px but it also include the removal of webgl which would have made things ugly because i removed my coloration opacity layers and you guys wouldnt have been able to see whats happening.

Also when you look at the dog sprite. You will notice there is a small dot at the bottom. Why is it there?

Well Protip. When using platformer behavior and not binding it to a box your sprite bottom should always be the exact same location to avoid animation jittering when cropping the sprites. This is a "cheat" to avoid pinning that sprite to a helper.

The reason for this was that controlling the AI of the dog was too troublesome when pinning dogs to helpers because conditions would trigger across the entire level for all dogs.

By only having dogs it removed these issues.

• Ldk: the 2d plugin for UE4 is still experimental. Unity, on the other hand, has a really solid 2d workflow already. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your work, going forward!

Thank you. Yes i know but im using 3d with a sidescroller camera config to do my game with very cheap lighting and assets.

• Am I the only one that can´t see the download?^^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)