Free Gamification Course

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 am

@EyeHawk, glad you are enjoying the course. I am finding it just fine so far and am looking forward to the application part of the course coming up in the second half or last three weeks. So what I have been doing is playing the videos at 2.00X speed and following the captions to make it pass more quickly.

Oh by the way, as I mentioned in a previous post above, edX is offering a free course, among others, CS50x: Introduction to Computer Science - HarvardX which looks like a really interesting course from viewing the embedded video and reading about it online with Classes starting October 15, 2012 and ending on April 15, 2013.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:16 am

@jwjb, thanks for the link, I've bookmarked for further viewing. There's one on AI which I would be interested in picking up. The only problem so far is finding the time to do all of these cool things! :)
Hey have you seen anything similar that covers 2D Game Art? I'd love to find something like that (which is also free).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 am

@jwjb, just also took a look at your Udacity links above. Wow! I'm blown away by the sheer volume of rich information available to us! I'm enrolling in the "How to Build a Startup" one right away:
http://www.udacity.com/overview/Course/ep245/CourseRev/1

Thanks for the tips! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:14 am

@EyeHawk, well I have not seen specifically a course on 2D Game Art, but I have many Evernote links to blog posts and such.

I do like deviantArt to look around and get some ideas.

Another great series of articles are the tuts+ tutorials and series with so much great insight with some listed below for your reference.

Digital Art for Beginners | Psdtuts+

Adobe Photoshop Tutorials from Beginner to Advanced | Psdtuts+

Game Development Tutorials from Beginner to Advanced | Gamedevtuts+

Photoshop Tutorials for Beginners | Psdtuts+

A great thing about the above links is that they refer you to many more links that can help you out.

Like you the only problem is finding time to go through it all and still have time to develop your apps and do all the other things that need to get done everyday.

I hope the above helps and let us know of anything you find especially pertinent, beneficial, and helpful.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 am

@EyeHawk, like you I just enrolled in How to Build a Startup (EP245) The Lean LaunchPad which looks like a great course.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:15 am

@jwjb - nice one thanks for the links!
Yeah the Lean Launch Pad course is looking really interesting! I like the emphasis on practical application of the knowledge. Bummer I still have to go through lecture 6 for gamification to be able to do the quiz tomorrow :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 pm

I registered for CS50x some time ago and now I'll have to follow How to Build a Startup.
At this pace I'll be following more online courses than my college courses.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 pm

I was also sold on CS50x, it sounds like the best of all the programming/cs courses offered on the different sites.

My uni work (English) starts this Wednesday but I'm looking forward to the CS more!BlueSkies2012-09-17 19:42:37
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 pm

@KFC, @BlueSkies - hehehe, I find the gamification course to be more fun than any uni course/degree I've ever done, which includes my masters! :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas