I was thinking is there anything i can do for the the creative part of the community. And so i decided i might give some hosting space and subdomain. At the moment got 25 accounts to give away. At start i'll offer 150MB of a free hosting space and a subdomain 'yourdomain.diycm.com' or/and 'yourdomain.diycm.co.uk' . We are running on win2003 dedicated server.
I think it is a great opportunity for thous members of the community who are looking up front with their creations, including myself to.
Now a bit about who owns it:
diycm.com belongs to an online photocopier
shop. I'm a administrator of the site and server it is running on. Shop owns few more domains which is using more then this one. So soon i'm going to replace diycm site with ... something... not sure... sort of links listing of our subdomains sites and listing of your games etc.
I would like to create a strong domain position in google index - kind of SEO Tank ^^.
So to recapitulate:
- 150MB ( will increase if the site will be getting popular ) of a free hosting space. FTP access.
- up to two subdomain names
- SQL, MySQL, Front Page extension and few more.
- a mail box with autorespoder and couple of alliases ( optional )
- Hosted by me, which means you will have fast access to information if needed.
Now the more pleasent part ^^' The conditions:
- must be creative and active member of construct community
- Site must be written in decent XHTML and CSS in SEO fashin. Can be based on good template. NO FLASH SITES and links, but 1 flash banner with logo or advertisment is allowed.
- NO PORN
- Must agree to place few links pointing at our sponsors pages and main domains. It would be nice as well if person wouldn't mind linking to other users site as well for good SEO.
- You'll have 7 months to promote your site. It's enough time. If the site will gain traffic, you will be given more hard drive space if needed. However more space can be requested earlier.
- If you planning to make some money via site we will have to work oput a mutual agreement.
I don't exacly know what is the offer of the companies, can't even say if my offer is good enough, but i hope you appreaciate it. For any additional informations, please post questions here.
PS. Please leave me your opinions on the offer as well. Thanks!