FREE License Questions

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 pm

[QUOTE=aridale] this seems a bit off to me... If he wins the 10k prize thats cause his entry was the best it doesnt matter what he made it with so why should he have to buy a c2 licenses if he wins just cause he used c2 to make his entry?

He didnt make 10k by SELLING things made with c2 which is whats implied by the business licenses right?[/QUOTE]

We had a couple of people email us and ask this question specifically.

We could either say "no you can't use it to enter competitions" or "yes you can". We felt that if you win a competition with the free edition agreeing to buy a license if you do win anything is a good compromise.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:59 pm

[QUOTE=Tom] [QUOTE=aridale] this seems a bit off to me... If he wins the 10k prize thats cause his entry was the best it doesnt matter what he made it with so why should he have to buy a c2 licenses if he wins just cause he used c2 to make his entry?

He didnt make 10k by SELLING things made with c2 which is whats implied by the business licenses right?[/QUOTE]

We had a couple of people email us and ask this question specifically.

We could either say "no you can't use it to enter competitions" or "yes you can". We felt that if you win a competition with the free edition agreeing to buy a license if you do win anything is a good compromise.[/QUOTE]

Something I'm frequently wondering about is if I need to purchase the standard license if I want to publish my games in, for example, the chrome store, BUT WITHOUT ANY PRICE ON IT, ONLY FREE.clzgerman2012-06-22 15:00:27
B

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:05 pm

@clzgerman - you are allowed to use the free edition for non-commercial use, so you are allowed to publish free apps.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:28 pm

Love you, guys. Thanks for your help.
B

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:03 pm

[QUOTE=aridale] this seems a bit off to me... If he wins the 10k prize thats cause his entry was the best it doesnt matter what he made it with so why should he have to buy a c2 licenses if he wins just cause he used c2 to make his entry?

Besides the C2 TOC it would just be good form to buy the license since you would not have won without it.

It just makes sense.
Guyon2012-06-22 16:09:55
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General