Free programs to make sprites in?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:42 am

I want to make some pixel art / sprites for my games what are some good programs? (I want to make like 8-bit sprites etc..)
B

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 am

GrahpicsGale is simple and quick to use. Free version only downside is no GIF export but you can easily save it as PNG and load it into Paint.net or something and save it again as GIF. MS Paint works just fine. However, it would be reasonable to assume since you didn't already bring up MS Paint in your initial post that you might be using Linux. In that case, I am unfamiliar with that territory so I cannot help you there. One more that I can think of is Grafx2 which is also a great pixel tool. Good Luck.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:30 am

I am using Winodws 8, but it's harder to make sprites without a proper grid, ms paint has a grid, but say if you use the fill tool, it doesn't just fill in the one spot, it fill in every thing which is quite annoying, I will try out GraphicsGale I think i used it before a long time ago, I don't really need GIF's anyway :P

Thank's a bunch ^.^
B

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:36 am

Another I like is ASEPRITE
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:16 am

Umm, for some projects I've used GIMP and/or Paint.net. Worked like a charm for me.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?