Free site maker

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of vector game assets contains ground tiles and several objects, used for creating platformer games
  • hello everyone i wonder if there is a free site maker that host your site for free and that dont add the name after the adress

ex:

example.yola.com

i want

example.com

but free

if you don't find thats okay

just post your favorite

website maker

• .com

.net

.org

etc ..

All cost money, I doubt anyone will find one for free. You could always buy a .com from a host like GoDaddy and use a free web hosting service like 000webhost so that you are only paying for the Public Domain Name and not there hosting service.

• GoDaddy has been receiving a bit of flak recently for supporting SOPA. I also wouldn't recommend them either as their online management system is absolutely atrocious and impossible to navigate!

For what it's worth we use WebWiz domain names (http://www.webwiz.co.uk). You will find it hard to get a premium name for free, but for only a small amount per year you can have your own dot com and it's probably worth it!

• I had no idea that GoDaddy was supporting SOPA, thanks Tom.

• They've redacted their outright support but they have angered a lot of people over it and a lot of people are moving their domains as they don't consider GoDaddys response to be sincere.

• They've redacted their outright support but they have angered a lot of people over it and a lot of people are moving their domains as they don't consider GoDaddys response to be sincere.

Sorry to derail this thread further but... no they didn't. They said they did. But they didn't actually.

reddit.com/r/technology/comments/npair/godaddy_has_not_withdrawn_its_official

On topic: I also don't know of any free domains that only include your name. I think the average price is usually 7-10$ per year for a .com or similar.

What kind of website are you trying to make KBD? Like a blog or ...? What's a website that's similar to what you want?

• Gandi

I buy my domains here :)

• wgfunstorm

ummm i think it would be a programmation blog with a html5 arcade

Scirra Website :)

• Hi KBD,

I've been in wev dev and hosting for nigh on 12 years.

If you want good hosting you need to pay for it.

The free hosting is sh*t and if anything goes wrong, you have no foot to stand on. They wont help you with your problem.

If you are serious about your game, fork our a few tens of dollars for the domain name and hosting. These days, you can get a domain name for $10-20 and hosting for $20 a month (in Australia) - you can probably get it cheaper in the US.

If you just want a demo site, then use your ISP's page (most ISP's give a free members page)

• I register through Hover.com (owned by Tucows, who is actively fighting against SOPA). Enter code: HONEST and save 10% :P. They may seem a little bit more expensive, but all their domains include domain privacy...so if that is important to you, they are probably the most affordable around. Their site is nice and clean, easy to navigate, and not filled with a bunch of advertisements :).

Which host you choose can be a bit trickier as different ones allow different things (some won't allow Arcade type sites to be set up for instance). I use SquareSpace, but there are limitations...one of which is you cannot host Forums on the site, or Host any file larger than 20MB. But as zutri said, free hosting isn't very good, and shared hosting isn't much better...usually max user connections is between 15-25), not to mention the slower load times from so many sites shared on the same servers.

If you can't quite afford the a $20 per month site, the best shared hosting I was able to find is from a small independant host MyBBWebHost.com (named after the free Bulletin Board MyBB). They don't overcrowd their servers, and they allow up to 200 max user conenctions. For this reason I decided to host the Fun Chowder Community there. And they don't promise unlimited web storage and bandwidth, which in my opinion is much better, since I would rather have 20GB web space and 200GB transfer that works well than unlimited that doesn't.

Not 100% sure about hosting an Arcade, can always send them an e-mail. They respond quickly for a small host, but my guess is that it would be allowed. Once you start getting enough traffic to strain this host, then you can think about getting dedicated or cloud hosting.

TL;DR

Hover.com for domain registration (if domain privacy is important to you)

MyBBWebHost.com if you can only afford shared hosting. They don't have a site builder per say, but they do have softaculous, which can auto install over 250 scripts, such as Drupal or Wordpress.

edit: With http://www.webwiz.co.uk, as Tom mentioned earlier is the host for Scirra, at least you know you can set up an Arcade, and you can upgrade your package as you grow. Not sure what the max user connection limit is for the shared hosting though.

• this is probably the thing you need:

dot.tk

there you can register free "www.yourname.tk"

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ^yes I have previously used dot.tk but if you want a .com address you will have to pay.    

if you want a .com address you will have to pay. Hosting and domain names are separate, though some hosting providers bundle hosting with domain names. yola offers free hosting but not free .com domain names. The reason why most free hosting sites give you sub domains is because they do not have to pay for subdomains

• As far as blogging platforms go, I've heard good things about Wordpress. You can buy a domain for $17/year and get an easy-to-use publishing platform. Plus, if you look around for custom themes you can have a pretty nice looking website with just a bit of design sense and little to no coding experience.

• I confirm that Wordpress is an excellent Website CMS.

• .com

.net

.org

etc ..

All cost money, I doubt anyone will find one for free. You could always buy a .com from a host like GoDaddy and use a free web hosting service like 000webhost so that you are only paying for the Public Domain Name and not there hosting service.

No, don't use 000webhost, or at least read this first:

000webhost-scam.blogspot.com

I used 000webhost before. They provided all of the features I was looking for. I stumbled across that page and ignored it. Several months later, 000webhost shut down my account without warning for the stupidest reason that did not apply. (I forgot what it was exactly.) Of course I didn't have a recent backup because it requires manually making the backup every month. And I couldn't get one of the backups that they offer because: 1) they deleted my account and 2) they don't actually take backups.

I recommend PerfectZ instead.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)