Free Spaceship Sprite

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Hey guys, this is my first ever (properly) made sprite and I was wondering what you guys think of it? If people like it enough I'll make a ton more even better, with animations for left and right tilt as if the ship was turning on its side.

A preview:

And a .png with a transparent background if people want to download it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygqydmx25s4egmq/shipTransparent.png
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44 pm

I liked it. It looks like it is a small ship, but I like the textures.

But to use this ship I would probably make it very small I think I would work. Next time put a big version like this and a small one just under it, like it was on a shoot'em up game.
B

Post » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:50 am

Nice one! Tilting animation would be very useful ;)
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 pm

[QUOTE=jptannus] I liked it. It looks like it is a small ship, but I like the textures.

But to use this ship I would probably make it very small I think I would work. Next time put a big version like this and a small one just under it, like it was on a shoot'em up game.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, very good point. I'll be sure to post a different sized versions next time.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:26 am

Very nice! What program/method did you use to make it? :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:25 pm

[QUOTE=Dannyzigg] Very nice! What program/method did you use to make it? :)[/QUOTE]

Modelled a simple spaceship inside of 3ds Max and then applied a texture without really unwrapping the model. Then I did quite a bit of post in photoshop using some grunge textures and brushes.
B
S
G

Return to Tools and Resources