Free subscriptions for translators!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • We know translating Construct 3 can be a lot of work, so we'd like to reward our dedicated translators.

Once a translation reaches 100% for the first time, we'll look at all the contributors who helped with that translation. Depending on the number of contributions you made (number of strings translated), we'd like to offer you:

500+ contributions: 6 months Construct 3 subscription

1000+ contributions: 1 year Construct 3 subscription

2000+ contributions: 2 years Construct 3 subscription

If you already have a subscription, we'll credit your existing account so your subscription lasts longer before you're charged again.

Note that rewards will be subject to a quality review. (i.e. if you just fill in translations with junk you will not qualify.) You may also wish to review the translation guidelines and common mistakes to avoid in this thread, as well as using these translation forums to co-ordinate with other translators to ensure your work is high-quality and consistent.

Existing contributions will still be counted! (However note the translation must reach 100% before rewards will be issued)

Once the translation reaches 100%, we'll email out to get in touch with contributors. If you think we missed you feel free to email to let us know.

Thanks for your help translating Construct 3!

Notes:

Do not circumvent the contribution counts. Any users making edits solely to increase their contribution count will be banned.

You can find further translation guidelines here.

• Very kind! This boosts the motivation a lot

Thank you!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So. for such an now I'll leave everything and continue to translate. I do not have long. I'll also look at some of my past translations to fix the bugs. Thank you for such an offer.

• You are still in need for translators? I

only can help you with the German translation, but would be happy if i can help.

• It looks like that there is only me, who is working on Ukrainian translation. I do the translation not for rewards from Scirra, but still…

Maybe it is not a bad idea to offer one year of Construct 3 subscription for every 1000 contributions?

• what happens if we pass the 2000 contributions? we get more rewards as each 500/1000 added on top? Ashley

• Ideally there would be several translators involved so nobody has to do that much work, and it means there are more views on how the translation should be done, which if everyone comes to an agreement on best terminology and such, should help make it better quality. However if someone does an exceptional amount of work we may be willing to somewhat increase the reward, but this is done at our discretion and we cannot make any guarantees about further rewards beyond the 2000 contribution mark.

• Ideally there would be several translators involved so nobody has to do that much work, and it means there are more views on how the translation should be done, which if everyone comes to an agreement on best terminology and such, should help make it better quality. However if someone does an exceptional amount of work we may be willing to somewhat increase the reward, but this is done at our discretion and we cannot make any guarantees about further rewards beyond the 2000 contribution mark.

I already made more than 2000 for Ukrainian. and several hundreds for Russian. I do not make the translations for getting rewards, but still...

Please advise, which is better for me: to continue translating as GreenSilent, or to create new accounts for every 2000 translations and later present those new accounts to my friends?

Maybe it’s really not a bad idea with a half of the year subscription for every 500 translations?

• We're not comfortable issuing many-year rewards. It's too far ahead to predict what the product or company will be doing, and with such uncertainty it doesn't seem fair to offer this as an incentive.

If you try to circumvent the rewards we will be forced to reduce them for everybody. You don't have to contribute any translations if you don't think it's a fair reward.

• Please advise, which is better for me: to continue translating as GreenSilent, or to create new accounts for every 2000 translations and later present those new accounts to my friends?

Maybe it’s really not a bad idea with a half of the year subscription for every 500 translations?

Never stops to amaze me the genius that people have when incentives are given away for relative easy work. If you really want to put in the hrs and get the rewards just do it under GreenSilent, and if you do a good translation ask scirra if you can give some of the earned contributions to somebody else, don't do accounts scheme is just bad exploitation behavior.

• Please note the original post has been updated to exclude anyone using machine translation from receiving rewards.

• We're not comfortable issuing many-year rewards. It's too far ahead to predict what the product or company will be doing, and with such uncertainty it doesn't seem fair to offer this as an incentive.

If you try to circumvent the rewards we will be forced to reduce them for everybody. You don't have to contribute any translations if you don't think it's a fair reward.

I participate in “How to help translate Construct 3” not for rewards. My working hour as a game developer costs much more than the bonus I can receive as a translator.

I do this just because I want to make games with my favorite 2D engine in my native Ukrainian language.

“Free subscriptions for translators!” is just a pleasant bonus for me

• i am indonesian i probably can help the construct 3 to be in my Bahasa or Indonesia as help as you know my background culture in English are from high school in oversea New Zealand long time ago just could you help me I will help give a clue to make an Indonesian language to construct 3 as a goods. thank you glad to help

• How do you know who it is when Constuct.net uses a different login to poeditor?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)