Freefall shooting

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:34 am

"The events that need fixing take place on Layout 3"
http://www.mediafire.com/?rgn016veeip89im

What happens is you equip the minigun, activate it by pressing S and then pressing A to shoot.
This works just fine on the first platform.

However if you jump off the platform, shooting no longer works. What I want is for the character to be able to fire while in midair and on the ground, but I can't figure out how to make that happen
B
G

Post » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:30 am

The cap crashed because it could not locate the sounds?

Looking at the events on layout 3, you have opted to include 'event sheet main' which contains-

(main event sheet)

[color=#FF0000:2od02eyo]+ Sprite: is jumping
-> Sprite2: Set animation to "jump"[/color:2od02eyo]

I think this is were the animation gets messed up ( i couldn't run it to check )

Maybe you could add another condition to the above, that only triggers the jump animation if the player is not carrying the gun?

+ Sprite: is jumping
[color=#FF0000:2od02eyo]Sprite2 value 'gun' = 0[/color:2od02eyo] )or whatever variable your using)
-> Sprite2: Set animation to "jump"

Hope this helps.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Here's the cap without any sounds: http://www.mediafire.com/?g92551elc17iw5x

It seems as though after I've moved off the top platform, the bullets still appear when I shoot, but they appear a length below the sprite, so I can't see them.

Once I've fallen a good length away from the top platform, they're entirely off screen.
B
G

Post » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:21 pm

I've discovered the problem is caused by the background layer's vertical scrolling being set to 0. I have no idea why that would affect the shooting, but it seems as though that's the case.
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic