From Construct 2 to Mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:31 am

Hi,
if you want to develop a game for iOS you have to use Xcode and eventually an Objective-C based framework like, for example, Cocos2d.
I'm very sorry to say this, but I think it's not the right way to use a technology for a specified target (html5) to develop a game for another and totally different system (iOS). For a lot of time I used "hybrid" tools to devolp with one shot for different platforms and every time I found problems. The only time my work goes OK is when I use the specified tool for that platform. Remember: while you spend time to convert and readapt something to something else, others reach the target using the correct tools...stevenworks2012-07-09 08:33:32
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:45 am

Think I should switch over to MMF2 then? I do have the iOS and XNA exporters, but it's so problematic to work on. My game at the moment is around 64 lines long. If I were to make the same in MMF2, it would be over 200, I reckon, take me a lot longer, and not look as good :(

I LOVE CONSTRUCT 2 PHYSICS!!!
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am

@AnD4D: Ludei's site is probably aimed at developers. All you need to know is in this tutorial: how to export to CocoonJS

Ludei are working on a cloud build system and appMobi already have one which allows you to build to both Android and iOS without any special tools or needing a Mac. We're working closely with both companies to ensure all features work identically on all platforms.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks Ashley! I'd rather not have to struggle to re-make what I already built so easily in Construct 2.

With Cocoon, I get up to the register bit and it keeps telling me I'm using an invalid email address. AppMobi doesn't seem to work at all. Black screen... :(
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:36 pm

Woot!!! Got it working! 26fps, is still too slow for what I want, but it's better than the 2fps I was getting from PhoneGap and the blank screen from AppMobi. However, it's not an app, is it? It just seems to play it from its own personal browser. The website talks about uploading to the store, but I cant see how...
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:53 pm

@AnD4D - Ludei are planning to launch a cloud build system to make native apps in the near future.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General