Fruit Ninja help.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 am

So there is no way around the click or tap issue? or is there a different way to code it?

Thanks
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:44 am

I was just thinking how would you code it to autostart the level jumping past the start up screen layout. That may be a way around it.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:18 am

Also, how do I convert the mouse actions to touch actions? I'm trying to get the swiping action with the mouse replaced with a touch action but I'm stuck.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:40 am

Replace:

on left mouse button clicked with on any touch start
and
Left button is down with is in touch

you might have to add conditions for when the player is able to do other things with touch than slice.
Easiest way would be to put the slicing actions in a group and activate it on game-play.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:11 am

I actually did the two touch replacements you mentioned as that seemed the right thing to do but I could not get further than that as I am just starting to learn this.

Could you give a little more detail on the grouping and activation?

I appreciate the help.

Thanks
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:34 am

The grouping and deactivation is very program specific.
For instance if you have a pause menu it would be good to deactivate all touch related input not related to the pause menu. By putting these in a group you can deactivate those events by a simple sytem deactivate group action.

If you have buttons on your screen while slicing and you don't want to perform the slicing action when touching those buttons, a simple is not touching button condition under your touch events.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:06 pm

How would I go about grouping commands? Is there a tutorial that includes and example of this?

Thanks
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:10 pm

Right mouse button on event sheet - add group
Put all events for that group as a subevent of the group.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks. I'll start playing with that on a different saved version.

Now I am trying to animate a Japanese screen when the level is complete pause it then open it for a different level.

So upon completion of the level animate the screen closing on that level and opening on the next level with the words level 2 then the next level starts (with a different background and sprites)

Now do I need to create a different layout for these steps?
1- screen closing layout
2- Screen opening layout
3- Next level layout

or is there a simpler way to do this?
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Are there any tutorials that help to understand moving sprites to animate a start screen/story line scene/etc?

I need to have for example the death scene have a sprite drop down from top to bottom then play another layout.

Are there any tutorials that include something like this or can someone steer me in the right direction?
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?