Fruit Shoot - WIP

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Thank you again for your compliments on my artwork and game. I'm still hoping to improve, resize and redraw some elements, especially the background at the start menu(Lack of free time is a cruel mistress). I hope to add new content, sound as mentioned as well as your improvements/suggestions.

I've noticed a niggly problem with whether you click or hold the LMB while shooting the fruit. Occasionally I would shoot and clearly hit, but the shoot wasn't counted and not 'miss' sprite was created. However, if the click was held, then the action was better registered.

@PixelAmp: I found that I missed a fair few times as well. The hit boxed are elongated over the sprites to increase the chance of hitting. But I think I need to rework the click or hold LMB action. At the moment, once you level up, you get an ample ammunition capacity.

My plan is to lower the hud, keep the XP bar at the bottom, the points/level part above the leaves. And rotate the axel for the magazine to the left. That should give enough room I think.

Thank you again to the compliments on the artwork. The tool I used to create it was a software package called "Artrage: Pro", I would also very occasionally use "GIMP 2.6".

Artrage has a tool called the "Sticker Stamp". Whereby, for the leaves/grass etc... I can draw in grey about 6 different styles of leaf/grass blade. Convert them to a stamp (with a set of them flipped), then spray them with a randomised rotation, hue, saturations etc... level to make it easier to produce larger sceens like the back ground.

The main sprites and text were simply hand draw with a bamboo tablet within Artrage Pro using layers. They are are bitmap as opposed to vector in creation.

@mrsponkie: I've only dabbled in Inkscape, and so I'm not very familiar with it. It would take me a while to produce the artwork I needed. If I had Illustrator/Flash I may have used them to produce vector artwork incase I needed the same for a future larger project. But I used Artrage instead.Andeming2011-11-09 22:28:31
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:09 am

If you rapidly click RMB when you first reload you get more rounds than you should. That was the only issue I've noticed other than sometimes weird hit boxes which you seem to know about already. Otherwise, beautiful art and fun game.
B
G

Post » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Just updated the game again. Unfortuantely impplementing sound gave different results for a hosted came and a locally hosted game, so I've disabled it for the moment.

I've re-engineered the game dynamics and managed to remove some bugs.

@Bologna: As of yet I haven't improved the reloading mechanics, but the weird box hit should be sorted. Also, thank you for you compliment concerning my art. I'm hoping to improve it on certain aspects of the game.

All the best...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:53 pm

hi, i enjoyed it !
beautiful art !
keep it up, i think it will be a very nice game, hope u put sounds soon...

regards
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:38 pm

OHH MY GOD! i love your art style...
awesome game :D
maybe a chance to upgrade reload speed, would be great.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Nice game, the graphics are awesome! How did you achieve that look did you hand draw any of it?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:32 pm

awesome arts how do you do this :)

B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 12:26 am

Thank you everyone for your compliments and feedback. Sorry I've been away for such a long time (Had to priorities studies).

Anyway, I hope to continue with this project as well as others. Please check out my new website (www.englishacorn.com) for develops, and if you'd like to support me feel free to follow me on twitter etc...

I'm hoping to create and upload a variety of tutorials to help the community, ideally based around the asthetics of games.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 12, 2012 4:06 pm

Update: I have been busy updating a lot of the artwork for the intro into the game, including logo, scirra, menu etc..

I have also added music and sounds (yes its my voice, embarassing :P).

Hopefully it's not too bad. I will be uploading it to the arcade in a few minutes as well as trying out the Kongregate integration.

Right now, its all about the highscore. But if I develop it further I think I'll change the dynamics to cover a variety of levels with a storyline featuring a sinister squirrel.

You support is very welcome. Follow me on twitter, or like me on facebook is you like the game and feel obliged to. Thank you.

More screenshots:

My logo screen:

Scirra logo (May re-do):

New menu screen:

**Have no uploaded it into the Scirra ArcadeAndeming2012-05-12 16:40:43
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 am

Great Work - Love the art style.
B
S