Frustration with moving platforms

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 am

Ok, so I filed an official bug report for the pin and set position lag. Not sure if others consider the platformer behaviour lag as a bug or just a limitation ,and if I should submit it officially? Considering how many buy this software to create a platform game, I can't believe I am the only one that is annoyed by it?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 am

There is no reason not to submit it as a bug, I suggest you post it at the bug sub-forum immediately.

This bug is related to tick group managment, and in this level the developer have to be very careful not to break the other mechanisms while trying to fix it. so we better give Ashley more time to think it over for best solution.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:41 am

Since I have already posted a similar bug report related to the pin and sine behaviours, I will wait to see what becomes of that. There is obviously a timing issue with behaviours mixed with standard events being calculated on a different tick.

How deep in the game engine this code is, who knows? I can only hope that the powers that be fix this issue sooner, rather than later :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 am

Just wanted to give a big props to Ashley and Scirra for fixing this issue in the latest beta! It works perfectly now, from the quick tests I have done. This will make a huge difference to anyone creating a platformer.

I am not used to seeing bugs fixed so quickly in the professional software I use, not even apps that cost 30x what C2 costs. C2 has definitely been the best purchase I have made in a while :)

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General