After the end of Beta hosting on June 20, here's my report & evaluations.The Visits
Since my google analytics no longer show the stats correctly, so I use the old trusty web-counter. This time I traced numbers of unique visitors... (should've use 'number of visits')It's merely about 70 unique visits.
.. over the hosting period of 3 weeks...
I wasn't pushing my advertising hard enough. And sometimes it's just too hard to notice my promotional posts
on social medias. Feedbacks
I got only a few but constructive comments (thanks to some of your praises).
Their critiques are basically:
- The game still confuses a few of the players on the tutorial.
- The judging sequence is a bit slow for some players.
- Game takes up lots of memory & time to load.
- Vesop-- difficult bi*ch
Fortunately these are not very hard issues.
(1)The game is designed to let players be intuitive & to try around stuffs. It's natural for first-timer to get confused...it's part of the gaming experience I want to have). Also, I think I gave just enough cues for most basic play-through.
(2) I guess the transitions between scenes (also critic's reactions) can be a bit more faster. Will do.
(3) This is a REAL problem that I been trying to remedy. As I add more graphics (& still plan to add more) into the game, it takes up space & memory heavily. This beta version contains 62MB! I will test out a 'resized & cut-corner'
version, just to see if I can keep it about 40mb. Big challenge!
(4)Well, I will make her less strict, and a bit more likable. (Just a little
Nobody says anything about the art/music, which kind of sad for me. I guess they really are not impressive enough... Oh well.A Reflect On my Promoting
I don't know but... I wasn't very keen on promoting the game. (At that time I was busy pushing to ver0.8 update...Maybe I am a bit tired.) Well honestly, I did lose some degree of motivation. The passion was not there. I felt very reluctant of the promotional updates. It was not a good energy & attitude. ..
I'm still passionate in my work though.
By the way, I did not make any teasers or trailer videos for this beta release. But I will definitely make one game trailer!
I really hope I will - at that next time - really pushing myself out of comfort zone and go a bit more beyond what I did before, on advertising & networking.
That's about it! I will update the plans for game development on next month. (after I re-locate my site to another web-host)