Fullscreen on 320x240 Game--Please Help!

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 am

Disregard this post, I'm an idiot. Need to pay attention to which Construct is talked about.Mipey2011-12-18 21:32:18
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Okay, as promised:

example exe

Arrow keys to move. Press Z to jump.

Instead of using the system zoom, which breaks a lot of stuff, I used a top-most "magnifying" layer to do it. There are no noticeable problems as far as I can see. I think that this is the solution I will go with.

And again, if anyone can tell me whether or not MagiCam works on fullscreen...wscedwin2011-12-18 21:27:13
B
G

Post » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 pm

to prevent subpixel movement with double scaled graphics, and have them obey the grid, you can set positions to round(player.xy/2)*2.
but again... this is kinda hacky i feel you. it's not so much a construct problem as a 'problem' with modern machines. you can use the window plugin to up scale stuff but that works differently on some machines (hardware problem). Ive noticed it on my laptop scaling in a "blurry" way that becomes crisp if the system volume widget appears (wtf?), but other than the laptop (which has an integrated card), im pretty sure most hardware scales as expected.

EDIT: oh, and in your example you might want to set the camera to scroll only to round(player.x),round(player.y) so that you don't get the sub pixel scrolling you're seeing sometimes (apparent in the 'doubling' of the text)QuaziGNRLnose2011-12-20 23:55:29
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:38 pm

[QUOTE=wscedwin] Okay, as promised:

example exe

Arrow keys to move. Press Z to jump.

Instead of using the system zoom, which breaks a lot of stuff, I used a top-most "magnifying" layer to do it. There are no noticeable problems as far as I can see. I think that this is the solution I will go with.

And again, if anyone can tell me whether or not MagiCam works on fullscreen...[/QUOTE]

In my endless quest to find the solution the full screen issue in Construct I have even sunk so low as to revive a year old thread!

But if there's any chance in figuring this out, I must take it. How did you go about doing this exactly? Your transition from windowed to full screen is perfect, and yet, for some reason, when I use the magnified layer in the way I assumed you did, it's very buggy and doesn't give a full view of what's there anymore, even the ground players stand on isn't visible...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:29 am

I don't think that he'll answer (hasn't been on for 127 days). I haven't really used fullscreen; is it really that buggy?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:04 am

At this point, I'll even take the narrowest of chances. :P

Yeah it's pretty tough to handle with certain features. For instance, most methods of full screen require some form of zooming, and if you zoom, you can say goodbye to parallax scrolling, and scrolling at any rate besides 100% on each layer. Which means the HUD is no longer as simple to implement, and pause screens may also be a problem.

I don't know, it's just so damn frustrating that a program which in all honesty has been so great would fall before something as basic as full screen.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic