Fullscreen "pop" or resolution change/fit?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:30 pm

On many commerical games, even when you run them at the same exact resolution you use for your monitor natively, the game kinda does a "resolution change" like the old-day style of full screen, the monitor goes black for a second and when you alt+tab or alt+f4 or alt+enter away from the game, it "pops" back, even though the game is running in the same resolution as the desktop is. I wondered exactly why it does this and if it's possible to have C2 games "lock" to the resolution you run them in like that?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm not sure what the question is exactly..
What would this locking consist of?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:42 pm

It's hard to explain this, but if you try, let's take for example, a 3D game of some sorts released through Steam by a major developer, more often than not when you double-click to start the game, your monitor will do a little "switch" to black and come back again, ALL old games from the 90's that ran full-screen would do this, but in recent times I only really see it on the 3D games and the line, I mean, I can say right now that Duke Nukem Forever does it on my 1280x1024 4:3 screen, I'm just not sure what to call it when the screen does the "switch" to black briefly, and when you run a Scirra (or even MMF) game it never does this, it just goes fullscreen like a Youtube video does (obviously, it's HTML5).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:56 pm

And you want the screen to go black?
Should be relatively easy right?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:52 pm

No, it's not the effect of it, I just want to figure out what causes the game to "adapt" to the resolution rather thansit on top, you notice how with alot of games if you you alt+tab out of it, the screen goes off for a second and then the desktop shows, but then if you click on the game it just shows regularly when the game is windowed? Then you might alt+enter to make it fullscreen and it goes black and then appears in true fullscreen? I guess I want to know what the true fullscreen mode is, vs the sort of fullscreen-windowed-windowless mode that C2 uses.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?