Fun Chowder Game Competition: Reclamation

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:31 pm

Hey Braxmule. Would you mind shedding a bit more light on the advertising campaign prize? I'm just a little confused. Fun Chowder is a start-up itself, so by what means will you help promote the winning games? Just curious!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Argh...I doubt I'll have anything worth entering by the time either contest ends, but I'm gonna try for the main one...I hope these contests become a recurring event; it's such a great way to get the community making awesome things.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:58 pm

[QUOTE=Tokinsom] Hey Braxmule. Would you mind shedding a bit more light on the advertising campaign prize? I'm just a little confused. Fun Chowder is a start-up itself, so by what means will you help promote the winning games? Just curious![/QUOTE]

As you said, we are a start-up ourselves so our advertising channels and business relationships at this stage are still very new, and somewhat limited. So at this stage, just think of us as a pasionate friend who will do what they can... Things like making promotional videos with licensed music.

The promotional package is purposely vague for many reasons though. It could be that developers simply want to advertise the games themselves, or maybe they would like an extra hand to help them spread the word to things like blogs.

And maybe if there is a game that we are really excited about, we could help cover some costs, such as contracting artists for aditional promotional material, or going through an established app marketing network that can help get your game(s) ratings from established game reviewers. Even costs such as translating the game into different languages to give the game a broader audience.

The world of HTML5 games is just starting out, and we are excited to grow along with it :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:06 pm

[QUOTE=TiAm] Argh...I doubt I'll have anything worth entering by the time either contest ends, but I'm gonna try for the main one...I hope these contests become a recurring event; it's such a great way to get the community making awesome things.[/QUOTE]

If things go well, the plan is to have more competitions in the future. For the moment though it is wait and see. Feel free to enter this time around though, still got a little over three weeks left for the primary competition.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:11 pm

A little over 48 hours from the time of this post for Free-for-all submissions, just a friendly reminder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 pm

i dont think i can make something
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

it would be better if competitions were in summer i have alot of homeworks for school
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:35 pm

At the rate Construct 2, and HTML5 games in general are developing, I'm sure there will be some contests come summer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:49 am

Entries are closed for the free-for-all (secondary) competition. Seeing as there was only one official entry,T-Droid Bounce, cademonteiro is declared the 1st place winner :P

Here's hoping to a more competitive Primary competition
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:24 am

Lol One place for one person
brax if you make another competiton give us more time to developp
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General