Function No Executing his Actions calling it through Timers

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • Problem Description

The Timers are calling a Function passing the UID of the object, in this case, the Function has one Action to change the animation of the object, but after the Timer triggers one of the objects fails to change his Animations.

Note: in this capx, the action is to change the animation but it can happen with any type of action not just related to change Animations, so basically I'm saying the function fails to execute any type of actions

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsr9i466imls7i2/TimerBug1.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

On Start of the Layout, each object Activates his Timer, on Timer finishes it calls a Function to change their Animations

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 >>> On Start of the Layout, each object Activates his Timer
    • Step 2 >>> On Timer finishes it calls a Function to change their Animations
    • Step 3 >>> Just Keep watching until all the Timers Runout & keep an eye if the Object changes his Animation

Observed Result

One of the tree objects fails to change his Animation

Expected Result

Each object by the end of his Timers run out and triggers the call Function to change their animations then the function should run his Actions and change the Animation, but one of them fails

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer:

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 x64

Construct 2 Version ID

r250

• Closing as not a bug. From the manual entry:

[quote:1039lf23]On timer

Triggers either regularly, or once off, after a timer that was started with the same tag has reached its duration. NOTE: this trigger can fire with multiple instances picked, if their timers all reach their time in the same tick. This can sometimes work unexpectedly if the actions expect there to be just one instance picked. The workaround is to add a For each condition after this trigger to ensure the actions run once per instance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as not a bug. From the manual entry:

[quote:hgbt12gt]On timer

Triggers either regularly, or once off, after a timer that was started with the same tag has reached its duration. NOTE: this trigger can fire with multiple instances picked, if their timers all reach their time in the same tick. This can sometimes work unexpectedly if the actions expect there to be just one instance picked. The workaround is to add a For each condition after this trigger to ensure the actions run once per instance.

Hahaaah you know how many times I read the manual part of the "Timers" and I missed that part.

Every day you learn something new, I thought the Timers were exclusive to the UID of the object maybe that's why it didn't stick on my head that part.

Anyways thank you for looking into this, and sorry to waste your Time

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)