Functions and families... oh how I love how you interact

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

@Ashley , well , that all makes sense. In a way, it's cool that it is uniquely a construct 2 problem, it makes you a pioneer (:

I want to compile a list of all the forum topics you have entered and given particularly good insight into why something is the way it is with construct. A lot of your posts are pretty much manual worthy, needing to be summed up in a question/answer format.

Just out of curiosity, is there going to be a c3 feature that allows us to make instance functions? Kind of how you would in programing when you make a class and have methods. It would be useful to have a bit more oop in construct, though sometimes, I realize a coding background can make me not see some obvious c2 unique solutions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:35 pm

@bladedpenguin - I think we are of similar dispositions then. I remember at one point being smitten with constructs speed. I was blazing through prototypes. Then when the time came to actually fix bugs, polish, and begin the actual game... I quickly realized, if you want it your way, there is no substitute for coding it yourself. One year ago, I thought I was a few months from release for a wii-u game... ... ... Well, nothing like telling people your almost done and then finally admitting to yourself that you've barely begun :) I had to overhaul pretty much everything, and eventually made my own collision detection code. I don't use a single native behavior. Most of the plugins are useful though. I would change some of them but a bit of the code is off limits... so, you know. Have to live with it :)

I like coding though... It just gets old after programing for a month straight on frame work and other stuff you can't readily see the progress in. Prototypes are fun to make. The actual game... sigh...
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:36 pm

@Ashley Thanks for the detailed response! It's always great to learn more about C2 internals. It feels good to know about whats behind the things we are seeing :)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General