future development C0.x

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • For my experimenting in Construct on small scale, I don't have big problems with C0.x as of now.

Is there any way to motivate future bugfixing for C0.x?

The only idea I have now is: I am willing to pay 1-5 (depends on the impact of the bug) euro per bug-report I do. (or if the bug already exists, just pay as motivation)

I would imagine I would only do bugreports with this model if the bug stops me from continuing or makes it very difficult.

As an added idea, perhaps people could vote on bugreports, so that the more votes, the more priority a bug-report gets.

• Bugs are still being fixed. The svn is open now.. I've done a few for the next build, rojo's done quite a few in the past few builds, and of course ashley has as well.

I can't speak for the devs, but I guess that implementing a pay for bugfix system wouldn't be feasible, since it would have to be implemented on the site, and then watched over, money split with nonofficial devs, etc. Resentment building for paid for but unfixed bugs, etc.

I will say this though, it being on the bug tracker makes all the difference as to whether it ever gets fixed. Whenever I get the urge to fix some bugs, I go straight to the tracker, as I suspect the others do as well. If its just left in some random thread on the board, there's a good chance it'll never get looked into.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:28odpss8]I can't speak for the devs, but I guess that implementing a pay for bugfix system wouldn't be feasible, since it would have to be implemented on the site, and then watched over, money split with nonofficial devs, etc. Resentment building for paid for but unfixed bugs, etc.

I imagine there would be a hissy fit or two over that, but plugs are still on the table.

Eeek that last part didn't sound right!

Anyway things like that editor your working on can still be sold.

• Yes future dev of C0.x is crucial.And there's nothing wrong by paying for advanced plugin's.

• Think that we need for sure a plugin that check the system of users and a plugin where you can set the screen resolution (that use check system, so people can't set it in the wrong resolution), is my opinion, its the most basics what you need to start a project to begin with.

• You can already do that with sysinfo, system and window.

• Thanks Arima, is there a example .cap from that you know? I did see the sysinfo in construct but I was not able to do anything with it so I where thinking it was a future future.

• All of the information in sysinfo is obtained by expressions.

• Thanks Arima, I give it a try to play with it when I need some time to kill in near future at the moment I have lots of other things to focus on, I have a kinda Set Resolution working, have build it up from a example "Black Bars" made by Madstar and its a master piece of work in my eyes, only It give me at the moment a lot of extra work and still can't figur out whats going wrong, if it have to do that I have create more layers later on, i'm thinking to copy/but rewrite it all again to avoid any strange bugs, construct is strong but I have figur out that you need to have experience with it to know what you can do and what you can't in so manny different ways, I know that its posible to create huge projects with it if you know how to avoid bugs, and I was thinking that it was simple but its not. I have discoverd kinda, that when ya know what to avoid and then with that knowledge rewrite the whole project that everything works super and bugfree (dont hang me up on that because ya never know lol).

I hope that C2 is gonna be a professional piece of software to make professional games, I hope that they dont make the same mistakes as C1, and I hope they realize to make FIRST the BASICS RIGHT before making all kinda fancy futures, if you wanna sell youre game it needs to work good first before people can enjoy the fun of the game, if part 1 dont work they never can enjoy part 2(the game)

• ....I hope they realize to make FIRST the BASICS RIGHT before making all kinda fancy futures,....

I couldn't agree more.

Too many broken basics that we thought were going to be fixed.

Krush.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)