Game Art Forge - Art Resources

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
452 Unique FX / Over 28 mins. of Audio Samples / 10 Categories of Sounds
  • Hi,

I'm soft launching a new website / blog early next week : -

gameartforge.blogspot.co.uk

The site is intended to provide game / media art assets at an affordable price range. I would also like to take requests for the type of assets that you would like to see in the future.

In this interim stage, where the site is in progression, I have been looking into the best ways of offering the resources to you, the enduser, in the best possible way. I have been lead to 2 possible ways to do this : -

( A ) Paypal - Simple paypal payment system, where the enduser pays for the content at an affordable price. Seems more professional.

( B ) Ad - Based - All content is free, hosted on free file sharing sites, but I make money from ad-based links ( such as Adf.ly ) to the sites.

Given those two choices, what would you prefer ?

• Here's a clickable URL so it's easier to get to: http://gameartforge.blogspot.co.uk/

Maybe run ad's and sell ad-free pages & early access to art packs? I think the voting on what's created next should remain free though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

I've decided to trial option B

gameartforge.blogspot.co.uk

So, I've uploaded a number of assets ( in .PNG and .Ai Formats ), which are available free via an Ad-sponsored link ( which only last 5 seconds maximum )

Hope you find the assets useful, and let me know if you have any specific requests, and I will add them to my list of 'things to do' ! :)

Regards

Hi, JayJay, thanks for your feedback, let me know if you like the site as it stands. :)

• Nice art! I'll post that link as a URL for people to click easier in my post above.

I think you could also use some of that space on the left side of your main page to sneak 2 or 3 little Google ads in, that way you'll earn some income for people who come browsing or just grab the PNG format images you're showing in the preview box.

• Thanks, Jayjay

I appreciate that, I considered that, but I want to keep the interface clean for users, I know I lose money with this, but aesthetics win... :)

• gameartforge.blogspot.co.uk

New Coloured Pencil Set Now Added.

Regards.

• Nice art, I like it. Keep up the good work!

• GameArtForge ..

Good to see your post. I have seen some of your art on opengameart.org and think I can likely use some of it in my game. I wanted to reach you about specifics on how to credit you for the use of some of that art. Can you contact me via my email ripps7dnu@hotmail.com   I have tried to find your old site gameartforge.blogspot.co.uk but it gives message 'page not found'.

Thanks

Bob

ripps7dnu@hotmail.com

• Thanks, awesome work...

• Blog doesn't exist anymore :(

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)