Game Closure Support

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:47 am

i like to see this happen! official GC export & plugins!
Doo Doo Diving App Store | Google Play

Donut Pirate App Store | Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Game Closure looks perspectively ! In any case, I think there is no companies worse than Ludei
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:45 pm

[QUOTE=Kurz] Game Closure looks perspectively ! In any case, I think there is no companies worse than Ludei[/QUOTE]

Ludei has done a lot to improve support for construct 2, and while cocoonjs does still have some significant issues that need addressing, they are continuing to improve their service. I agree they could do more on the communication front and have better forums and such, but calling them the worst company in the world is unnecessarily insulting.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:23 pm

@arima sorry to say that but ok i agree that is not proper to call ludei the worst company but as a moderator would you like to share your thoughts about game clossure?
Ive noticed that Ashley comment in a lot of posts today but didnt post something here.
This is maybe not so good for the idea of game clossure in c2 or like some said silence is gold (fingers crossed!!)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:49 pm

@Spy84
I don't have any opinion of it yet, as I haven't researched it enough to formulate one.

I wouldn't read into Ashley's silence on the topic - no comment literally means no comment.Arima2013-10-05 23:50:21
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:40 am

I think it's a matter of audience target.
GC is quite hard to set up properly for an average C2 user.
In its current state even with an official exporter you'll still have to install the SDK on your windows machine and I can assure you that it's all but easy even for someone familiar with git and CLI terminals.
Anyway it's a promising piece of software, it's well documented and have a good support. Let's see what happens in the near future.
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:24 pm

My point is : 14 people (or near this) can't make stable wrapper.
Scirra is two-three man's company so...

B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Well as mentioning that GC is difficult to use for the target C2 audiance. The benefit is that GC is open source.

In theory Scirra could setup a online service like Ludie and do the work by submitting. Another option is with some fiddling they could create a wrapper similar to Ludie CocoonJS launcher. Though That could take some more work. There are options.

But as Scirra is a 3 man team and I suspect only 1 or 2 of them are the C2 developers. I don't think it would be quick undertaking. Maybe whent here staff increases.

However I feel extremly that if Scirra could get very solid mobile exporting going. I very feel that would increase sales by a good jump.

While the desktop is the primary support for C2. There is a steady growing desire for mobile, but more importantly true crossplatform. This isn't a debate of crossplatform of desktop computers aka Win,Lin,OSX, it's about platform devices. Desktop, tablet, phone.

Games like GTA3, KOTOR, Baldurs Gate made it to IOS devices, but more importantly the new X-Com game is now on the iPad. The shift is coming and Scirra should take the benefit and offer true cross platform support. While the tech is there, the bridge is not there yet.

But I suppose it will be what Ludie does next. When there next release is. If problems continue to persist maybe it's time to really move elsewhere. and I certainly believe that at the moment GC is the best alternative. It's too bad that they for some strange reason believe that WebGL is not worth the effort. Considering that performance would be better and offer access to so many more features.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 pm

@Ashley what do you think about it?Do you find it a good alternative?Or for the moment we will stay as we are?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 pm

@arima you said 4 days before "I don't have any opinion of it yet, as I haven't researched it enough to formulate one".
So what do you think?Do you research it?

@C2 Developers : Do you have gameclosure in mind for the next releases of C2?Or HAXE or both of them (why not?).Please write a comment i feel like im talking to myself..i think the tread has a very specific object to discuss and i dont see someone from the team to make any comment.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General