Game crash(dinput8.dll error)Solved

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:19 pm

I am trying to test a game(exe.) on a friends computer, but it wont play any sounds and it crashes when i try to increase the master volume (XAudio2 plugin).

When i run the game his Antivirus (Comodo) gives a warning related to the DINPUT8.dll, claiming it might be back door trogan injector.
After telling Comodo to allow it to run, the game starts but will not play any sounds.
I thought it might just be the volume, and my game has a buttons that allow you to change the master volume, but as soon as i click one of them the game crashes reporting an error related to dinput8.dll.

Couple of things to note.
1, I didnt update his DX FILES over the Internet, i manually placed D3DX9_39.DLL, XAPOFX1_1.DLL and XAudio2_2.dll into his system 32 folder.
2, I didnt install or replace the DINPUT8.DLL. (his version is dated 2007)
3, He has a huge Microsoft flight sim package installed and i dont want to start messing with his DX files in case i mess thing up.

If it is related to the dinput8.dll file, can i just copy my version to his system32 folder, without messing up his Computer? or should i just install the files over the internet?chrisbrobs2011-09-17 12:49:25
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Does he run a different OS version, or architecture (32bit/64bit)?
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:51 pm

Jayjay@

No its the same operating system XP sp3.

I searched my system 32 folder and it contains the following:

dinput.dll
dinput8.dll
Dinput(folder)

He's folder only contains dinput8.dll, this might explain why its crashing?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Ah, that could be it. Although I don't understand why it says it's a virus. Might be because it notices the other files aren't present.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:23 pm

i searched Comodos site and there is a couple of posts about it being flagged up as suspicious?
False positive?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:33 pm

I always use THIS free online site for checking files, even though I have Kaspersky, there are times when a second opinion is warranted :)

I really wouldn't recommend playing around with the system files, and besides, most DLLs would need to be unregistered, removed then re-registered (usually). You could introduce massive system instability.

How about creating a System Restore point, update DirectX and check. I can't believe that updating would affect his program - that's the whole point of keeping your system up to date, surely.zenox982011-09-16 20:40:15
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:53 pm

[QUOTE=zenox98] I always use THIS free online site for checking files, even though I have Kaspersky, there are times when a second opinion is warranted :)

I really wouldn't recommend playing around with the system files, and besides, most DLLs would need to be unregistered, removed then re-registered (usually). You could introduce massive system instability.

How about creating a System Restore point, update DirectX and check. I can't believe that updating would affect his program - that's the whole point of keeping your system up to date, surely.[/QUOTE]

I'm using Avast and it doesn't flag up any problems, i know its an issue with Comodo but i think your right about messing with the system files.
I was just trying to get around having to download the DX files Microsofts website.

B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:48 pm

zenox98 you were spot-on. I got him to update DirectX from the Microsoft site and everything works fine.(nothing to do with Antivirus)

Thanks.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic