Game Design and Art tutorials - Kickstarter funded!

For educators around the world who use Construct 2 in classrooms

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Those are really helpful. Thanks for sharing.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:46 am

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm back with some new tutorials. First of all, a list of free learning resources for game devs:
21 Free Learning Resources for Game Developers

And as always, some Youtube videos:
7 Tips to Master HD Index Painting with Krita
Q&A #1 - Answering Questions from the Community
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:29 am

Hey there! Since last post, I started a series called Game Design Quest. It's a series that focus on the job of a game designer, exploring some questions and analyzing game mechanics. It's a new concept for the channel, so please bear with me as I try to find a good pace and formula for it.

Here are the first 3 episodes:
Game Design Quest - Intro
6 Tips for a Successful Game Jam
The Preproduction of a Small Game
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey there! I'm back from Portugal, with a bigger update than usual. Some 5 tutorials came out since last post.

Movement Analysis - Ori and the Blind Forest
Movement in platform Games
Game Engines
Collision checks on a grid
Exploring grid-based movement
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:50 am

Thanks for sharing, your tutorials focusing on the art end of things have been very useful.
B

Post » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Just a quick "thanks" for all the tutorials - slowly working my way through them...
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:26 am

@indiangamedev and @RamPackWobble, you're welcome! :)

I'm back with 3 new tutorials:

And I'm on Kickstarter with a video training project dedicated to 2d game art:

In this series, I will run you through the process of creating professional grade static assets for 2d games. I will share my workflow and my productivity tricks. Not only that! I will show you how Krita is becoming a solid option for professional work. Together, we’ll focus on character design, environments and User Interface.

Although we will use Krita, the concepts you will learn apply to any painting application or medium. The series will cover the unique general constraints we game artists face in our work. I will show you how to design sprites with a target camera and resolution in mind. I’ll show you how to produce crisp visuals that support the gameplay.

The campaign reached 50% funding in the first 24 hours, and is now on its way to being successfully funded. Want to become a better 2d game artist? Check it out now!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:04 pm

The only problem I have with the videos is the background music drowns out your voice. It may just be my bad ears though. Otherwise they are great.
Thank you.
Ken.
The above post was made when I was on my table with a headset.
On my computer the volumes are fine and the tutorials are wonderful.
Thank you for them.
Ken
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Backed!! Really appreciate the whole process and effort you put into all of this.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Education and Construct 2