Game Maker 3rd-party iOS compiler

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:49 am

Yeah, it seems to me that if you make a game with GM, then you own it. If you own it you should be able to do what you want with it. That includes selling it where and how you want. If that means buying YYG's official iOS exporter to get it onto iPhone, fine. If that means using a free program that does the same thing, that's fine too.

As long as that free program doesn't contain or rely upon any code stolen from YYG then there shouldn't be any problem at all.

And since I'm too lazy to check for myself, and since there seems to be some confusion over the matter, can anyone confirm if this 3rd party program does or does not contain or rely upon code stolen from YYG? TIA. TTFN.

(I guess it's kind of a moot point if the team has stopped working on it but whatever.)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:02 am

It wouldn't be a moot point if another team - who kept anonymous this time - started doing it tomorrow :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 am

[quote="deadeye":36uuvmpj]Yeah, it seems to me that if you make a game with GM, then you own it. If you own it you should be able to do what you want with it. That includes selling it where and how you want. If that means buying YYG's official iOS exporter to get it onto iPhone, fine. If that means using a free program that does the same thing, that's fine too.

As long as that free program doesn't contain or rely upon any code stolen from YYG then there shouldn't be any problem at all.

And since I'm too lazy to check for myself, and since there seems to be some confusion over the matter, can anyone confirm if this 3rd party program does or does not contain or rely upon code stolen from YYG? TIA. TTFN.[/quote:36uuvmpj]
It had to be stolen - nobody has ever created an alternate runner for GML, so far as I know - at least, not so recently that it would be ported to iOS already.
B
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic