Game Maker goes HTML5

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:45 pm

yeah. marketing:)
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:05 pm

Well, that's interesting but I really hate the interface of Game Maker lol. Well, assuming more HTML5 programs pop up, maybe the browser developers will pick up the pace.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:07 am

Well it looks like HTML5 is not the only format game maker can export to.You can also export your games to Psp,Ipod ,Android and the Ipad.But CS 2 will probably have those as well in the future?.I certainly hope so.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:07 am

it is called game maker and has been for like a decade, i mean that alone is an unfair advantage.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Was what I searched for when I was trying to find a game maker, when I was younger.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:54 pm

I can't stop laughing. It can't be a coincidence, surely, with the time-frame they admitted themselves. :lol:

Honestly, I don't really care about Game Maker. I find the interface and how it does things unintuitive and the event system is almost useless without scripting.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:53 pm

i dont need game maker, if i wanna write pages of code just to make my character jump ill just write the whole thing on c++. thank god for construct.
but the team really needs to make an exe exporter. ipod and iphone and android exports are great, if they really work that easy its a blessing, but dont forget exe....
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:33 pm

[quote="karshinkoff":38eezme6]i dont need game maker, if i wanna write pages of code just to make my character jump ill just write the whole thing on c++. thank god for construct.
but the team really needs to make an exe exporter. ipod and iphone and android exports are great, if they really work that easy its a blessing, but dont forget exe....[/quote:38eezme6]

CS 4 life!!!!! yeah baby lol.Yes give us an exe exporter for cs2 and it will be the best app ever to create games for.I don't care about web browser games,they are limited and so slow.If i create an exe then it feels like it's my own creation and it's compatible with all windows pc's.

i just cannot get myself to create any webtype game whether it's flash , html or java.Maybe because i had some bad experiences with java and html in the past (security issues,Viruses,privacy issues etc..).Well game maker's exe's are very secure indeed(no files can be extracted).Constructs exe's are not that secure,You can easily extract all the sprites from Construct's exe files.So if an exe exporter is made for CS2 then please make it more secure.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 pm

indeed high five, while i do understand being cutting edge by allowing us to make html 5 games is nice, but exe's are still the most desired format, html 5 is nice if i perhaps make games for facebook and wanna make MONEY, but i still preffer exe and mobile formats.
without that i am forced to start my new rts next month on the old construct again
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:17 pm

[quote="DravenX":1oc7z0rm]Well game maker's exe's are very secure indeed(no files can be extracted).[/quote:1oc7z0rm]
Haven't they had problems with people decompiling games since forever?

Also, I don't see much point protecting the sprite image files - copyright prevents anyone using them and it's obvious if they have ripped them, and you can't protect against good old print screen, so if they want the textures they got them. I don't think I've ever heard of a case where somebody ripped sprites and made money without getting the legal banhammer. It seems to me that protecting images is just a load of paranoia.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic