Game not loading up after export html5

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:15 am

Ok so I'm trying to export my game to html5 because I only have a free version ( poor tech student :(). When i try to open the index.html it just gives me a black screen. How do i fix this? (I'm also trying to change it to html5 to exe too if you can help me with that on the side. ; )

The capx is in the attachment:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 am

Remember, that due to browser security restrictions, running the the exported HTML5 isn't really supported unless hosted on either your own - or an external - website, such as Dropbox, Googledrive etc.

Regarding an exe: this is an available export option after purchasing a license.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:18 pm

zenox98 wrote:Remember, that due to browser security restrictions, running the the exported HTML5 isn't really supported unless hosted on either your own - or an external - website, such as Dropbox, Googledrive etc.

Regarding an exe: this is an available export option after purchasing a license.

How do I change the browser restriction then so it doesn't block it? Do I put the local address in the whitelist page or something? I'm using chrome.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:29 pm

I know Internet Explorer ask you if you want to allow the scripting to run. You can try that.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Google Chrome lets you play
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:59 am

Never mind i found the answer. Its actually in the manual in exporting. You have to run chrome with specific settings. Thanks for the help!
B
S

Return to Beginner's Questions