game pad support

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • ive just gone out and bought a game pad, so i can put it into my game, im having no joy what so ever

first of ive bought i game pad that looks like an xbox controller but essentially is just a fancy copy, is tat a problem? does it have to be a licensed xbox game pad?

secound could anyone give a brief tutorial on how you would map movement controls to the game pad, ive looked on the forum and there doesnt seem to be consensus on a simple way to do that.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit( also how do i get construct to recognise the game pad?)

thanks

• Gamepads are supported in Chrome 21+. In the current Chrome 20, you need to enable it in chrome://flags. Support is coming later to other browsers (probably Firefox next and other browsers later).

• ok i,ll have a look at that, how about the issue with licensed game pads? am i ok to use a clone of the xbox game pad?

ok, had a look and i just dont understand what you mean by Chrome//flags ive had a look on the net but it dosent give me any info about game pads, im sorry for asking such basic questions but i need to get this sorted.

also what the cus has happened to dropbox? where's the public folders gone? im in a right metamoligcal quandary about all this.

thanks Ashley

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Type chrome://flags in to the address bar in Chrome, and you should be taken to a page where you can enable the Gamepad API. Otherwise just wait until Chrome 21 comes out.

That controller ought to work, but I can't say for certain since I haven't tested it myself. Hopefully it's compatible with XBox 360. Just give it a shot and see if it works.

Have Dropbox finally removed the public folder? I heard talk of it, but didn't know if they'd actually done it.

• ok got it thanks a million

it sucks about dropbox but im sure it will be no thing but a thing

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)