Game released - Loading slow than expected

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:25 pm

Hi everyone,

We just released a new educational game at Google Play (link below).

When the game is loading, the loading screen is up and it disappears when the game is fully loaded (expected results)
However, when I enter one of the puzzles in the game, it takes a while to load it. If it was loading the images for that specific screen. (Annoying results)

I would like to know if someone has seeing something like that and if you have the solution to fix it.
- I was thinking about showing an intermediate screen to give the impression the assets are being loaded. Does it make sense?

Here is the game in Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joles.puzzlesforkids&hl=en

Thanks in advance for the feedback,
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:49 pm

Are you using a loop or a function that should only run once, but is running the entire time? Have you checked out the 'profile' tab in the debug view to see if anything is maxing out the memory?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:29 pm

I am not using loop for anything. I believe the problem lies on the fact it loads a lot of images.
However, since the game was loaded in the loading screen, it should take any time when I try to load a new layout in the game.
B
S
G

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests