Game Template 2 - Leaderboard (Templates)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Game Template 2 - Leaderboard — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-templates/game-template-2-leaderboard-538

<h3>Description</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Troubles including the Google Play Games Service into your game? Just use this prepared function template and extend your game with it!</p><p>This template is using the free plugin from cranberrygame.</p><p>Download it here: goo.gl/tMXcGI%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3ENote: Link is also included in the download package</p><h3>pre-sale questions?</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Just leave a comment :)</p><h3>Support</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>All customers get support for free of course! Please contact me if you have troubles instead of leaving bad reviews. I'm always glad to support you!</p><h3>Function</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Fetch score from Leaderboard (allows restoring of the record after re-installing of the game)
    • WebStorage/JSON Saving function included
    • Well documented steps
    • Clean code
    • Auto & manuel login
    • Score submittion only if the score is higher than the saved one at the Leaderboard (increases performance)

<h3>Updates</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>Buyers will receive all updates for free!</p><p>Scirra notifies you on new version!</p><h3>License</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>You are permitted to use all game templates in commercial projects. You need one license for one game!</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Game Template 2 - Leaderboard

• Will this work when exporting to mobile or is it just for web?

• Will this work when exporting to mobile or is it just for web?

Hi,

You'll find a version for exporting with Cordova, so it will work for Mobile games, but not for Web Games (HTML5).

I'm also working on a version for CocoonJS. I probably will update the package this weekend.

Regards,

Andreas

• What would you recommend for HTML 5 game??

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What would you recommend for HTML 5 game??

Hi,

The template uses the Google Play Game Service and the projects are made for Cordova and CocoonJS.

It will not work if you compile it to HTML5 only.

You would need to replace the leaderboard function with the build-in 'Google Play' plugin from scirra. This will work on HTML5.

• We are using the google play plug in now. however our game is timer based, the user has to complete the game in the shortest amount of time. When we submit our variable timer to the google play Leader-board it does not accept the variable. We have tried different formats and nothing has been working any suggestions?

• Is it work also for the IOS games or just for the Android ?

• We are using the google play plug in now. however our game is timer based, the user has to complete the game in the shortest amount of time. When we submit our variable timer to the google play Leader-board it does not accept the variable. We have tried different formats and nothing has been working any suggestions?

Hi,

You must submit an integer, otherwise it will be rejected by Google.

A way to handle that is, if you use a constant score variable (for example 10000). Then divide it by your time in seconds. The lower your time is, the higher the highscore will be.

An atlernative would be to submit the time in seconds. But then you must set 'Lower is better' at your leaderboard settings (Google Play).

• Is it work also for the IOS games or just for the Android ?

Yes, the plugin works for both platforms. You just need to add your iOS App at your Google Play Service and then you need to enter the ID's for the iOS Version.

But it's recommended to use GameCenter on iOS.

Regards

Andreas

• We export our Construct 2 games for android an ios using Cordova>Crosswalk> XDK. Before buying we would like to know if It would still be possible to use XDK to compile using cranberry plugin or we would need to use phongegap.

Thanks in advance

• We export our Construct 2 games for android an ios using Cordova>Crosswalk> XDK. Before buying we would like to know if It would still be possible to use XDK to compile using cranberry plugin or we would need to use phongegap.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

yes you can still use Intel XDK to complile your games

This is supported by cranberrygame's plugins.

Let me know if you have further questions

Regards

Andreas

• Hi every one,

I just bought the leaderboard template. I put it in my game with LocalStorage and i Export with IntelXDK CrossWalk, when I go to my leader board layout. I am logging fine put when i am logged application shut down. I don't know why...

Could you help me?

Of course, I put my leaderboard ID, My app ID (in the plugin and the xdk addition file). I check my code but i can't understand where the mistake is.

One thing when I am logged i see my profile picture even if I deactivate it in my code.

Sorry for my bad english.

thanks again for your great work

• Hi every one,

I just bought the leaderboard template. I put it in my game with LocalStorage and i Export with IntelXDK CrossWalk, when I go to my leader board layout. I am logging fine put when i am logged application shut down. I don't know why...

Could you help me?

Of course, I put my leaderboard ID, My app ID (in the plugin and the xdk addition file). I check my code but i can't understand where the mistake is.

One thing when I am logged i see my profile picture even if I deactivate it in my code.

Sorry for my bad english.

thanks again for your great work

Hi,

have you tried it with the default ID's which I have included?

if you have purchased the template please use our support forum.

https://shatter-box.com/forums

Open a new topic there and send me the capx file with your ID's in a PM.

I will have look at it.

Thank you!

• Update!

With the latest update we have added support for CocoonIO! All buyers get notifed when Scirra has approved the update!

You can join our newsletter below in order to get notifed about sales and updates!

• Hi there.

EDIT: It's amazing template and developer. Support him.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)