Game Template 2 - Leaderboard (Templates)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:46 pm

nothaseo wrote:Looking at the release date, is this template still applicable now?
Thanks

Hi,
yes it is :) The template will be updated regularly.

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:48 pm

In your game Match3, I can see that you fetch your own high score into the game, but the leaderboard button just opens the GooglePlay screen, with the different leaderboards.
But in this template, is it possible to fetch the high score lists (different lists like, best of the week, month, ATH, etc) with names and scores into the game itself. Without just opening the GooglePlay screen.
From the manual for the official GooglePlay plugin that seems to be possible to do.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:05 pm

fredriksthlm wrote:In your game Match3, I can see that you fetch your own high score into the game, but the leaderboard button just opens the GooglePlay screen, with the different leaderboards.
But in this template, is it possible to fetch the high score lists (different lists like, best of the week, month, ATH, etc) with names and scores into the game itself. Without just opening the GooglePlay screen.
From the manual for the official GooglePlay plugin that seems to be possible to do.

Hi,
it's possible, but this needs to be integrated in the Cocoon Google Play Games plugin.
You would need to ask @Ludei (CocoonGooglePlayGames) or @cranberrygame (CordovaGame) in order to implement those features.
I'm not the author of the plugin itself.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards
Andy
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Hmm.. okay. Then Cranberrys plugin is more limited than the c2 official GooglePlay plugin then?

Since in the original plugin you have this action:
Request hi-scores
Request a hi-score list for a given leaderboard. Scores can be returned for public results, or "social" (from users connected to the currently signed in player), and a time limit can be applied such as to return only the day's best scores so far. The top type returns the very highest scores, and the window type returns the scores around the current player's own best score, allowing them to see where they appear in the rankings.

And then you can use these expressions for instance:
HiScoreAt(index)
HiScoreFormattedAt(index)

Return a numerical value, or formatted string, for a score at a given index.

HiScoreNameAt(index)
Return the name of the player associated with the score at an index.

But that is not possible at all with cranbberys? @cranberrygame
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 pm

fredriksthlm wrote:Hmm.. okay. Then Cranberrys plugin is more limited than the c2 official GooglePlay plugin then?

Since in the original plugin you have this action:
Request hi-scores
Request a hi-score list for a given leaderboard. Scores can be returned for public results, or "social" (from users connected to the currently signed in player), and a time limit can be applied such as to return only the day's best scores so far. The top type returns the very highest scores, and the window type returns the scores around the current player's own best score, allowing them to see where they appear in the rankings.

And then you can use these expressions for instance:
HiScoreAt(index)
HiScoreFormattedAt(index)

Return a numerical value, or formatted string, for a score at a given index.

HiScoreNameAt(index)
Return the name of the player associated with the score at an index.

But that is not possible at all with cranbberys? @cranberrygame

At the moment not. If @cranberrygame updates his Cordova Game plugins, then I'll also add those features in my GT2 - Leaderboard.

Regards
Andy
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Ok, thanks. Quite disappointing to hear. :( (not your fault of course!)

Just a quick question then, what is the disadvantage of using the official google play plugin? Since it actually has more features and is included in environment from start, it would be better?
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:37 pm

fredriksthlm wrote:Ok, thanks. Quite disappointing to hear. :( (not your fault of course!)

Just a quick question then, what is the disadvantage of using the official google play plugin? Since it actually has more features and is included in environment from start, it would be better?

The basic reason is the cordova support.

Extra steps for Cordova
Google Play Game Services are designed to work in a web browser, but it's possible to also configure it to work in Cordova (e.g. when exporting to mobile via PhoneGap Build or the Intel XDK). To set it up for Cordova you'll also need to:

Fill in the Client secret property with the value from the Google Play Developer Console.
Add http://localhost as one of the redirect URIs in the API console.
Remove any uses of On auto-sign in failed. It never triggers in this mode, so you will need to rely on having manual sign-in instead.

It seems to work, but I have never tried it. I'm using @cranberrygames plugins since they were released. Some time later the official Google Play plugin came. But I never had an urge to switch.
I'm not planning to use the official Google Play plugin in my games, but if I find some time, I'll add a version to this template.

But feel free to try it on your own (if you want of course) :)

Regards
Andy
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Ok cool.

I just read that in the manual too. That the official should work just fine, with the correct parameters set. But doesn't seem like anyone has made a tutorial yet..

I will see if I have time to look into it. It would be so cool to have the high scores in the game, with same theme. and not open the google play UI thingy.

(Now I am using PHP-server solution for a really cool highscore table built in. But it feels a little bit scary to publish a game that will call a private sql db all the time..
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:48 am

Good day, I perform a ranking / scores screen with a List object as List Box object, it turns out that in the web browser of the computer is displayed correctly, but in the preview of the mobile web browser is shown as Dropdown List. Has this happened to you? You can help?
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:43 am

josevasquez wrote:Good day, I perform a ranking / scores screen with a List object as List Box object, it turns out that in the web browser of the computer is displayed correctly, but in the preview of the mobile web browser is shown as Dropdown List. Has this happened to you? You can help?

Hi,
this problem has nothing to do with this template. Can you please open a new topic in the "How do I..." topic.

Thank you!

Regards
Andy
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store