GameClosure HTML5 SDK just went open source

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:24 am

@Ashley: Gameclosure is open-source and free, while Cocoon isn't (or won't be). Cocoon's pricing model might not suit everyone. It would be great if Construct 2 would support Gameclosure export as well!perqa2013-04-24 08:28:15
B

Post » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:22 pm

It's also helpful to note that GC is now supporting windows properly. When this thread started it was only OSX :D

I personally think Ashley may support it if there enough basic operation on GC that Ash doesn't need to code much :P

Currently as I understand the situation Mario of GC developed a C2 front of the application.js(?) that covers everything needed to run a C2 games except audio and file structure.

Right now the audio manager needs to be handed coded into the appx.js. Which is an array structure of the audio files used in the C2 project.

Also a proper C2 export would need to organize the resources files into a different directory structure.

http://www.gameclosure.com/blog/2013/03/space-blaster-meets-mobile

personally I agree. Having an accelerated canvas wrapper that isn't licensed is awesome. But I do admit Ludie CJS is farther down the road on features and coming out soon'ish with WebGl.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General