GAMEE x Construct Game Dev Contest

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:03 pm

GameeApp wrote:Must comply

I don't know how to implement Gamee's button/joystick interface but would it be ok to use my own graphics?
"The intent is to provide subscribers with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different features...."
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Renfd wrote:
GameeApp wrote:
We prefer games that are language independent. Try not to use any text if possible.

Exception, simple English allowed, expressions like "BOOOM" allowed.

So using text for tutorials and another things that uses text like ingame shop and achievments are extremely discouraged?
I think ingame shops and achievments are great for player retention, but so do you prefer a more simple and direct experience?

The thing is GAMEE application itself is multilingual. So we maintain files with translations for the application. But games do not, because so far we have no mechanism for it. And in case we want to add some other language, we can't track back all our games and do the translations. We could extend API but everything we made so far would be against our strategy "make it simple as we can".

We reallize that we are losing some opportunities there. But at the same time, there are many and many and many people in the world that DO NOT understand english but DO WANT to play games. In Africa, Brazil, Middle east, Russia... we are running marketing over those places and we are ready to give you an opportunity to expand your games over there. 8-)

If you apply with game with text, you will get less points for:
UI + onboarding - if game is understandable, smoothness of the process of learning and mastering it

How much less is based on amount of text your game contains. I can't tell for sure if you can or can't win, but hey, if your game is good you should try ;)
Last edited by GameeApp on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:51 pm

MPPlantOfficial wrote:
GameeApp wrote:Must comply

I don't know how to implement Gamee's button/joystick interface but would it be ok to use my own graphics?

Dude I don't know if you read correctly lines in our answer. DO NOT implement buttons/joystick that is in GAMEE wiki. Use yours ;) Plugin doesn't offer GAMEE buttons/joystick.

Our default control system is portrait fullscreen. It's also possible to use some of our predefined controllers.

Must comply, only fullscreen
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Okay, I'm in. Came up with my game idea last night as I was drifting off to sleep. =)
Visit me at EgoAnt.com
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 am

We only post our zip game, not all the assets that are mentioned at https://github.com/gameeapp/gamee-js/wi ... principles ?
Go try my game Shooter Interstellar!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:46 am

EgoAnt wrote:Okay, I'm in. Came up with my game idea last night as I was drifting off to sleep. =)

Great! Looking forward to play it! ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:49 am

MrQuickGame wrote:We only post our zip game, not all the assets that are mentioned at https://github.com/gameeapp/gamee-js/wi ... principles ?

Yes, just two things to submit:
1) Zip file with the game
2) Link to working game with GAMEE emulator
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:20 am

Hi again @GameeApp,

I have noted in previous answer than it's better to use our own assets for graphic stuff.
However, what about sound fx and music design? Can we use royalty free ressources?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 am

Sebastien wrote:Hi again @GameeApp,

I have noted in previous answer than it's better to use our own assets for graphic stuff.
However, what about sound fx and music design? Can we use royalty free ressources?

Yes, no problem :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Great! Thanks! :D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General