GameMaker Road Map Released

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of street and road Background to make pixel art game.
  • If you want to peek at what studio is going through, they just released the roadmap for it.

wiki.yoyogames.com/index.php/GameMaker:Studio_Roadmap

Great to see some networking will finally be apart of gamemaker soon.

If your a GameMaker user, you know the only thing it had for a while is that deprecated DirectX networking feature. Also the rewrite to the audio to support ogg format and room editor tweaks.

Get your roadmap up Scirra! x)

• I don't think a real roadmap would work for Scirra because of the way they rapid fire releases. Instead of saving up features and then being like here's version 100 with this.

The best thing they could come up with (which I think I saw somewhere before) is just a list of features that they are going to be adding in the future, in no particular order.

Personally I like the unexpected emails saying "Hey new feature here!" instead of the waiting continually for the roadmap marker to be hit.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think a real roadmap would work for Scirra because of the way they rapid fire releases. Instead of saving up features and then being like here's version 100 with this.

The best thing they could come up with (which I think I saw somewhere before) is just a list of features that they are going to be adding in the future, in no particular order.

Personally I like the unexpected emails saying "Hey new feature here!" instead of the waiting continually for the roadmap marker to be hit.

A list is fine by me. There is no benefit from hiding what they are working on. The competition has already done so. Being surprised like a little kid is not something i am particularly found of. Perhaps with this list, we can hold them accountable to a more focused order of updates. 8P

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)