Gamepad plugin is broken in Chrome/Edge/IE/NWjs

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
On the Edge is a puzzle game where you have 40 levels to have fun with.
  • Problem Description

The gamepad is broken - no control inputs are registering in Chrome and NWjs (my primary export options).

Attach a Capx

capx

Description of Capx

A text object displays the gamepad inputs.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the layout and press Xbox360 buttons

Observed Result

In Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m, IE and Edge, nothing is observed. This also does not work in NWjs v17.0. However, this test does work in Firefox and my Xbox360 controller works in Chrome when testing via http://html5gamepad.com/.

Expected Result

Inputs should be detected in all browsers.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)
    • Edge: (YES)
    • NWjs: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

W10 x64

Construct 2 Version ID

r237 64 bit

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you've installed Win 10 Anniversary Edition, try manually uninstalling ALL of your gamepad drivers, and re-installing older versions (2009 for XB360, 2014 for XB1). The Anniversary update completely broke controller support in Windows 10 and Microsoft has yet to fix it. This issue also affects Unity/Steam/Unreal/etc. games.

• digitalsoapbox - I'm using W10 Pro and my controller works in Chrome using the website test in the first post... and if they can get it to work without my uninstalling any drivers then it's probably not a W10 problem (unless they have a super-hackey way around the problem). It's a bit ironic that Microsoft broke their own controller with a version of their flagship software .

• Colludium Chances are the Chromium team found a hacky way around the driver issue. It's also not a global issue, and seems to affect specific hardware configurations, and sometimes only affects wireless/wired, not both. Speaking of flagship, controllers don't work wired OR wirelessly on my SP4 at all without rolling back to years-old drivers, and only then after manually deleting the current drivers from the driver directory and installing drivers that could only be downloaded from an out of date site through IE11, so I think it's safe to say it could've used more testing on Microsoft's end. As it stands, I have XB360 gamepads identifying as 3 controllers at once, and XB1 identifying as 3 when wireless, 4 when wired.

• It works fine for me in Chrome 54, Windows 10, with a wired Xbox 360 controller. However it doesn't seem to work in NW.js. So I think our code is correct but NW.js isn't seeing gamepads. I filed a NW.js bug to follow up. Closing this report.

• Sorry for resurecting this old thread, but i cant get my gamepad working in Chrome.

when debugging the layout, and im looking at the gamepad it clearly registers the lastbutton pressed but there is no movement on my gameobject. while in Firefox there is no issue

works fine in:

Firefox

NW.js

im using:

Version 63.0.3239.132 (Officiell version) (64 bitar)

Windows 10 Pro N

Construct 3 Release r75

logitec gamepad F710

• breflabb

You'll probably not get any replies here.

Consider posting your capx in "How do I..." subforum.

• breflabb

You'll probably not get any replies here.

Consider posting your capx in "How do I..." subforum.

Thank you, did not see it was closed

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)