Games exported with node webkit have extreme lag!

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:52 pm

Message: IRebic is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
I have the exact problem described in the first post on this link: Games exported with node webkit lag, the lags happen every 5-10 sec and the game remains frozen for over 5 sec!
Game does not lag when testing it from construct 2, also it does not lag when exported to android but on windows it lags please help :/
B

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:44 pm

You're going to have to provide more details to get help. We need to know what kinds of things your game is implementing. A Capx file would be even better.

As far as I know, there aren't any documented issues with Node. I haven't had a single issue while developing my current game with the newest stable release of Construct 2.

I could only take a guess that it's a computer related issue or something that happens within your instructions that cause it to lag.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines. Note the described problem matches a bug that was fixed in r179.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:47 pm

no please no, my foreseeable end game was planning to be exported with node web kit, once I tried it with a very simple puzzle game but now this game would bigger
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:11 pm

IRebic wrote:Game does not lag when testing it from construct 2, also it does not lag when exported to android but on windows it lags please help :/

Hi,

I also experienced a similar problem - my best guess, NodeWebkit is unable to run in webgl mode, due to DirectX not being installed correctly. You can test it with system.renderer=="webgl".

Greg
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs