Games on Kindle devices

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:28 am

Hope I have this in the right section.

Any devs found success on the Kindle platforms? Found a few articles online how small indie devs found far better success on said devices using Amazon's app store compared to Google's play. I was under the impression that most apps are just free to play with ads and in app purchases, now I'm not so sure. Have a few acquaintances who tend to get amazon cards for app purchases among other things.

I'm talking about a simple full 99-2.99 game.

Anyone willing to share?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:40 pm

I have developed a few games to run on the kindle (ran them on the HD and the HDX). I have not sold them on amazon yet, just side loaded them on my own machines to test and they ran fine. I used the intel XDK to prepare them to be loaded on the kindle and it worked fine.
There are a lot of apps for sale on the app store and I have purchased many myself so they are not all free downloads.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:49 pm

@shadowofpalms What setting to build for Kindle did you use in Intel XDK ? Crosswalk for Android?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:32 am

Hey Cipriux, It's been a while but I think I used Crosswalk. I still have the games I exported on my kindle fire hdx and they still work great. If I remember correctly I followed the tutorial at https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/809/ho ... -crosswalk . I hope this helps.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:23 am

@shadowofpalms Thanks , that helps..I will have to try it
B
S
G

Return to Distribution and Publishing